Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Attention Shoppers! Jtv-59 $998!

Speaking of Attention Shoppers:

Sweetwater is selling "Dent 'n' Scratch" JTVs

JTV59 = $1049.99

JTV69 = $999.99

many are not in stock yet - they must be offing aesthetic B-stock direct from Line 6

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/search.php?s=s:dnsline6

they also have a couple of 59/69 demo prices

this might be old news to many of you

I recently bought a $1049 tobacco burst 59 from Sweetwater. The guitar is perfect, I couldn't find a cosmetic issue, I would not hesitate to buy a scratch/dent from them. I also got one with no problems that I can identify. The stock pickups sound good, very contemporary Les Paul'ish to me, not nearly as hot as the burstbuckers I have on my SG, but very nice to my ears.

I've been "eye balling" a Variax for close to a year now and bit the bullet and got the Hello Music JTV-59 Gold Top :) Looking forward to its arrival!  Any reason I should have buyers remorse?  It looked like a deal that can't be passed and now I have completed my "Dream Rig."  Any feedback regarding this Variax model?  Thanks!

I saw this, too. It's a good deal. I've bought a few things from Hello Music, and they're OK. They're kind of like a clearinghouse of sorts. The one thing that would give me a slight pause in regards to buying a Variax from them is that they aren't an authorized Line 6 dealer. They aren't an authorized dealer for any manufacturer, actually. That's why they can get away with advertising thing for below MAP. So what that means is that this invalidates the warranty for anything they sell. Now, supposedly, they will honor any manufacturer's warranty for anything they sell. I suppose that means if you need service, you'd have to send the product back to them, and they would get it repaired in some way. I just don't know if I'd be too excited about that prospect when it comes to something like the JTV. I'd be much more comfortable dealing with a place like Sweetwater for a little more money.

That's just my opinion. I'm not meaning to be a party-pooper...

Thanks for the feedback.  I've bought several items from HelloMusic and have been very pleased with the service and customer support.  They offer a 14 day return policy, so I guess I can "kick the Variax tires" and see if there are any upfront issues.  That being said any feedback on common issues with the JTV-59 above normal instrument setup that I can look out for would be appreciated :)   I'll search the forums as well ... I did notice that HelloMusic offers a third party extended warranty.  Not sure what the cost is or how much hassle to utilize their service. 

As long as they will let you return it AND you get the full Line6 warranty then it is probably ok.  I would be concerned if they are not an authorized Line6 dealer though.  The odds of needing a warranty are much higher on these guitars than standard guitars given all of the complex electronics.  Check out Sweetwater and see if you can get the same deal with them.  I really recommend them given my experience.

I have had good dealings with Hello Music. A friend of mine got a V-drum set from them that had an issue and they did right by him. I have purchased several items without issue.

Sweetwater has a great rep, but my experiences have been less than stellar. I had a horrible experience buying a variax from them years ago. It came broken with a loose knob and dead piezo (so much for their 'inspection'). They had no others in stock to replace it and I therefore asked for a refund, which they agreed to give me minus all shipping costs. So I needed to send the guitar back on my dime, and I would be receiving my money back minus the $30 for the original shipping. Needless to say it didn't go down well. They eventually capitulated but only after arguing with a manager. I've never had any experience like that with MF regarding receiving a faulty product. In fact I once received a Godin from MF with a hairline neck crack, and they paid for the return shipping, and cross shipped a replacement immediately.