Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod 2.0 Ouput Too Low, Noisy

Hi Folks!

The poster of this previous thread expresses exactly the problem I've had for years with this device.

http://line6.com/supportarchivenew/thread/26541

But that thread can only be accessed to read, not to add more postings ...

What is the fix for this problem?

It doesn't matter what I plug that POD into, I get the same results from it's Left/Right outputs.

It is noisy, with low output levels ... even noisier when the level is externally boosted ...

I've used MOTU Traveler units, Yamaha O1V mixer units, Waves L2 units, and a Presonus Blue Tube .... others ...

All noisy, with low output levels ... even noisier when the level is externally boosted ...

I'm running the chip rev 2.3 since 2008, but that didn't make any difference with the noise issue ...

All help with this problem very welcome!

I've used MOTU Traveler units, Yamaha O1V mixer units, Waves L2 units, and a Presonus Blue Tube .... others ...

All noisy, with low output levels ... even noisier when the level is externally boosted ...

Are you saying the POD is noisy going into these units, or are you saying these units are also noisy with no POD?

Are you saying the POD is noisy going into these units, or are you saying these units are also noisy with no POD?

Thanks for your response Triryche!

All those units work perfectly fine for all uses, producing no audible noise of their own for many other uses.

I mentioned them as examples of the fact that the noise is definitely being produced by the POD, in many different circumstances.

Is it possible to stop this noise from happening?

The description in that link in my original posting is accurate to my experience, except I have not tried the headphone output into any system yet.

I only just discovered that posting late last night.

I note there was no fix mentioned in that post, and no way to respond to it.

Surely, there must be a better fix than using the headphone output ....