Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

which amp choices on my DT25 with which HD500X amps

Hi

Lately I bought a DT 25 to combine with my Pod HD500X

When I look in the POD HD edit program on my PC, I see that most of the amps in my pod HD are cobined with class ab, type 1 and pent mode on my DT.

Should every amp show its best solution on the DT25 by itself or do we have to find it out for ourselves?

What could you advice to program on the DT possibilities according to the amps on the Pod HD?

I'm looking forward to your answers...

Best solution? If you mean the correct setup for the switches on the DT, they default to the ones that would match the amp it's modelling. Of course you are welcome to change them and basically create your own power amp section that didn't follow the original. Say you can use a Plex Pre-amp and then have the DT configure that to Class A instead of the default Class A/B. So that would best be described as applying Marshall Plexi PreAmp into a Vox AC30 power amp. Never heard of doing that one exactly, but it can be setup with this rig. But by default it should select the one that would match the pre amp model selected.

Thank you for your answer Palico

When I look in the default settings the 1 Typology and the ab setting are a bit over represented and the 4 typology and the a setting as well as the tiode mode are under represented.

Do you know whether there is a reason for that?

Thank you for your answer Palico

When I look in the default settings the 1 Typology and the ab setting are a bit over represented and the 4 typology and the a setting as well as the tiode mode are under represented.

Do you know whether there is a reason for that?

By over/under represented, I think you mean you see they are more common on the list correct?   That's because they are more common on the real amps being modeled. Although the "topology" itself is more of a slot on the DT itself and not thing from the "real" amps. But yest you will find a lot more Class A/B amps than say Class A amps.