Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

USB Monitoring on POD HD500X

deanfromdime

Hey guys just a quick question, I have my POD HD500X set up in the 4cm method using my Bugera G5 Infinium as a tube pre-amp. What im trying to do is monitor my sound through my PC using USB from the Pod HD, But im only hearing the pre-amp and effects and not the power amp stage of the Bugera, So what im wondering is if i run the Headphone output from the Bugera (It has 1x12 or 4x12 cab simulation built into the headphone output) back into the pedal somehow - am I able to monitor that? I've tried going from the headphone on the bugera into the AUX of the HD500X but can't seem to get that working. Would it work if I run it from the headphone jack of the amp into an XLR mic input on the HD500X and monitor that through USB? Basically I just want to be able to hear the Headphone output of the Amplifier through my computer speakers without having to plug the speakers into the amp itself, and monitor that output through USB from the Pod instead.

Any help much appreciated thank you ! 

anything you put back into the pod is going to be sent back through the pod -- and then back through the amp. 

And the reason you can't hear your amp is because ... well, it is the amp. 

The Pod is the Pod, the amp is the amp. You aren't going to hear your amp through your pod. 

Heres an image of the setup, it seems to be working okay but I have a feeling the initial sound would be taking in the dry signal of path B and adding it to the overall tone wouldn't it?

In reaper I just have to set the output to mono ( right ) on master which seems to be working im just unsure if there is anything layering..

Also would I be correct in placing a +6dB gain boost on path A to compensate for the signal loss in the FX send of the pod? Or would it be 12dB? Or am I supposed to put a EQ with a gain boost before the FX loop instead of the master?

Thanks

2ii94es.png