Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

OT: something new to plug into the Helix...

glideman

Thanks, guys! It's a 408.
Bought it from a guy in Nebraska for a great price. I've owned a bunch of PRS guitars over the years. After playing it all afternoon, it's becoming one of my favorite models.

My wife may let me spend my leave check on a Private Stock when I retire in a year and a half!

Beautiful instrument.  After years of wanting a PRS, I finally got my first, an S2 Satin 24 last year and I haven't looked back.  It's like it was made just for all of my quirky needs.

• Upvote 1

Besides not blue...

Well it's a blue burst... that should be good for half-credit, lol.

It's a custom piece made by a guy named Woody Phifer. He's got a small shop in Phoenicia NY, up in the Catskills. Makes a lot of arch tops, too. He always finds beautiful wood...

Wooohoooooooo!!!

Came in today!

18670884_10209206404861215_2675171491265

That's a looker and a player you got there my friend. Stunning guitar. Congrats! To this day I still hold on to my first and only PRS a 10 top Brazilian limited edition in black grey. I always wanted one with a Brazilian rosewood fretboard but private stock was too expensive , then they made 500 of these and I managed to snag one. My fav to this day.

• Upvote 1

I must be the only person in the world who doesn't really like PRSs. Total respect for their craftsmanship, and the best ones look gorgeous, but every time I've played one, I just didn't care that much for the feel of the neck, or the sound. Not sure what's wrong with me.

That said, if you're thinking about this sort of thing glideman, you should check out the 513. EDIT: If you can find one, just saw on their site it's discontinued. On paper, that's my guitar - I love wiring with lots of possibilities - but I played one locally, and see above, it just wasn't for me.

All I can say is she is simply breathtaking!  

Last year I purchased a Custom 24.  Pattern thin neck and an ebony fretboard.  It easily surpasses my other guitars in playability.  The fit and finish is better than my top shelf strats and custom shop ESP.  I play in two vastly different bands and the guitar is versatile enough to be my #1 in both.  

Congrats!

• Upvote 1