Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any confirmation of release date for Helix Native?

GazzaBloom

Nobody who knows has provided a firm date but those who do know have repeatedly stated it's on track for release "before summer" with summer starting 6/21.  I'd take that to mean somewhere between June 15th-20th.

• 3 weeks later...

The flash sale on model packs etc. ended the other day. It's not unusual for companies to unload excess inventory that way. When Helix Native is released then Pod Farm, model packs and all that stuff is old news. Just saying....

The flash sale on model packs etc. ended the other day. It's not unusual for companies to unload excess inventory that way. 

Model packs etc. are software so there really isn't excess inventory per say ;)

• Upvote 1

I'm sure you know what I mean. :) When releasing a piece of software that outperformes the old version you won't sell many copies of the old version after the release. A flash sale that close to release date is good for business but also serves as an indication....

• Upvote 1

Or perhaps it would be better for Line 6 to simply remain silent about any new products under development? After all, if they had never mentioned Helix Native we wouldn't get all upset and give them grief over missing an anticipated release date. Maybe if they get too much grief they'll decide it's not worth keeping their users informed.

• Upvote 3

I've worked in a large company for a couple decades.  Software release dates are always announced in good faith but they are never met (or very rarely). There no malice or deception involved.  Just hold ye water and it will be here before long...

fw3fb.jpg

Not trying to split hairs, but do we have a window we can expect this product to be released now that we know that it is no longer spring?

Or will this end up mirroring the availability of the Helix Rack when it was out of stock for several months upon it's arrival?

The Helix Rack and Helix Control are impeccable to say the least, so I know this will be worth the wait; but I'm waiting and waiting and waiting... lol

No matter what any of us say...

Line 6 keep up the great work and release this product when it's complete, not when you're pressured to do so.

Thanks.

I bought one of the very first Helix floor, and while it was and still is a brilliant machine, the early firmware versions were far from perfect, perhaps line 6 is waiting for a relatively bug free version for their initial release...

Bear in mind that the plugin version also concerns a different public, which might be more critical of an unfinished product. It is one thing to have to restart your processor because of a bug, it is quite different if your whole protools or logic session is screwed up because of a faulty pulgin...

Whatever the reason for the delay is: dear Line 6, we have been waiting for almost six months now, please think of your loyal customers, we want the native plugin, pleaaaaase... :-)

Whatever the reason, Line 6 should have given us, potential customers, a new release date before the end of spring.

Not really how software development works... at least at this scale. They've never announced a release date because they simply don't know for sure. It will be ready when it's ready.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Microsoft's Peter Provost nailed it when he said: Agile software development is about delivering the software you want at the time you deliver it instead of delivering the software you think you want at the time you ask for it.

Being a software developer for 30+ years the transformation to agile development has been a blessing. We still have to deal with deadlines but deadlines are no longer set in stone. Both developers and business people need to be flexible when it comes to deadlines. Treat them as nice-to-have goals but be prepared to adapt if they're not met.

My understanding is that helix native is entering it's second month in beta. Not unsual to spend 3-5 sprints( 2 -> 3 weeks each) to get rid of errors uncovered during beta.

• Upvote 1

Wednesday, 16. August, 2017

5:00am PDT

EDIT: Sheesh, guys, this is CLEARLY the release date and time for Helix Native. If I thought there'd be any question whatsoever I would've written:

"Here we all are in the Helix Native thread, so logically, here's a post about Helix Native. I'm going to post a date and a time and that date and time will correspond with when Helix Native will be available to download from our servers. This date and time (again, when Helix Native will be available to download from our servers) is tomorrow, Wednesday, August 16th, 2017, at 5 o'clock in the morning, Pacific Daylight Time. So if you want to download Helix Native from our servers, the earliest you'll be able to do so is tomorrow, Wednesday, August 16th, 2017, at 5 o'clock in the morning, Pacific Daylight Time. Here's a link to a time zone converter."