Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can I globally set parameters to by controlled by snapshots?

ch4920

Well, for one thing different amp models have different parameters, so I'm not sure how having a global setting for such a thing would even be doable. The other thing is that you're limited to 64 controllers for preset, so eating up a chunk of them with a global setting could actually be limiting in the long run. It's really super fast to assign a snapshot controller as it stands. On the Helix itself, you just press and turn the parameter knob. In the editor, it's OPTION-click (Mac) or ALT-click (PC) any Home screen parameter.

It's actually pretty quick to set most or all amp parameters to be controlled by snapshots. That's pretty much the first thing I do after adding an amp block, unless it's a multi-amp patch where I know that amp is only going to be used in one snapshot.

The other thing is that you're limited to 64 controllers for preset, so eating up a chunk of them with a global setting could actually be limiting in the long run.

Is this limit permanent or is there a possibility of it being increased at some point?  It seems a small amount of data to store and I'd love a global setting to make all parameters of loaded blocks snapshot sensitive by default. 

-

Honestly, I've never hit that limit, and I always use snapshots. I don't control everything, but I do control the things I want to. The limit of 8 controls per stomp switch is more of an issue IMO, but even that's rarely a problem since snapshots.