Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT Expression Pedal tweaking issue

LineFever

Hi guys,

I don't know if this is the case for you guys, but when I assign a parameter to the Helix's Expression Pedal... let's say I want EXP1 to control the drive of an overdrive effect... I have to continuously move up and down the pedal to hear the differences in the tweak I am making. (It does not change as I turn the knob)

Also, when I'm in the view mode of my effect, I can see behind brackets [3.0] (in white) the setting for the expression pedal.... but If I try to tweak it from there, it does not work, I have to go back to the expression assign menu.

This is like one HUGE step behind my POD HD which allowed me to do all of the above without any issue (so much quicker to tweak your settings)

Is there an option somewhere that would allow me to set things up in a more "live" mod?

Hi guys,

I don't know if this is the case for you guys, but when I assign a parameter to the Helix's Expression Pedal... let's say I want EXP1 to control the drive of an overdrive effect... I have to continuously move up and down the pedal to hear the differences in the tweak I am making. (It does not change as I turn the knob)

Also, when I'm in the view mode of my effect, I can see behind brackets [3.0] (in white) the setting for the expression pedal.... but If I try to tweak it from there, it does not work, I have to go back to the expression assign menu.

This is like one HUGE step behind my POD HD which allowed me to do all of the above without any issue (so much quicker to tweak your settings)

Is there an option somewhere that would allow me to set things up in a more "live" mod?

Hi LineFever,

I just did a quick check with a blank preset. First I added Stupor OD, then to the Hamburger Menu ( you know the 3 horizontal lines), click, then Controller Assign Knob, Parameter set to Drive, next Controller rotate to EXP Pedal 1. Now set Min Value to 0.0 and Max Value to 10.0. Hit the little house (Home) button. Now  when you move the Expression Pedal the drive range value will show between the white brackets.

Hope this helps

You can also "Learn Controller" to sweep the min/max values when setting the assignments.

Rushed reply as I'm going out for a party - yay!

That's not exactly the issue I am having.

The problem is, say you want to change your Min Value to 2.0 instead of 0.0 and Max Value to 9.0 instead of 10.0, in order for you to "hear" the change, you can only do so AFTER you move the expression pedal, and not while you are changing the setting with the knob.

The POD HD at least allowed you to hear what you were doing while changing your setting.

Now I have to change to 1.0, then move the pedal, no. then change to 1.5, move the pedal, no, change to 2.0, move the pedal, no... etc...

It's a real pain.

If you're changing the min and max values the pedal will go to, I wouldn't necessarily expect anything to happen until you moved the pedal to its min and max positions.

Could you maybe just move the knob you're controlling to see what min and max you want, then adjust the controller min and max to match?

If you're changing the min and max values the pedal will go to, I wouldn't necessarily expect anything to happen until you moved the pedal to its min and max positions.

Could you maybe just move the knob you're controlling to see what min and max you want, then adjust the controller min and max to match?

He's right though. With the HD500, when you adjusted the min or max, you heard it. Not so with the Helix.

I'm sure you're both right, never dealt w the HD, but heard what? The control at min setting when you adjusted min, max when adjusting max? Sounds potentially useful, maybe put it on IdeaScale.

I'm sure you're both right, never dealt w the HD, but heard what? The control at min setting when you adjusted min, max when adjusting max? Sounds potentially useful, maybe put it on IdeaScale.

Hear the changes...

You see if the knob is turned to 2.0 at min position, it means that when your expression is FULLY at heel (or toe if you chose inverted) the value of the parameter will be 2.0.

It's not like your expression pedal will reach 2.0 when you're at 20% from the heel, and then will stay at 2.0 the rest of the way...

So say I my heel setting is currently at 2.0, but I need to tweak it cause I am not sure that is the best sound I want to achieve, I have to position the pedal at heel, turn the knob to a different setting (say 1.5) then move the pedal up and back down again to its heel position in order to hear the change I made to 1.5... instead of hearing the change when I turned the knob down

This is actually a HUGE fail for the Helix