Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Some downloaded presets silent- hidden mute block? Editor fx?

jkuche

Been with Line 6 since original POD. Just opened Helix LT box. Downloaded some great acoustic patches - tone is amazing . But some are silent and I can't figure out why. Tuner is fine, but no sound. Is there a mute block hidden?

I'm having difficulty assigning P1 to volume. Was easy on Firehawk, POD , etc .

What am I missing on these issues?

Lastly- is Helix editor not fully functioned ? i.e.- must I still go to the Helix for various tweaking.

Apologize for any redundant thread.

j

Do any of the patches have IR blocks? What are the input icons set to? Be sure to check output blocks as well. What input are you plugged into? By P1 do you mean Expression Pedal 1 (EXP1)? A volume pedal block is automatically assigned to EXP1 when you place it in the chain. Are you sure there's one in your chain?

Double check all of your inputs and outputs. I would start by turning all of the effects off. Then see if you hear anything. If not, adjust your inputs and or outputs. Don't forget to check what the split signal's (if there are any) inputs and outputs are set at. Once you hear something then, turn on each effect until the sound disappears. Check out the setting of whatever effect cuts the sound out.

Some presets I've downloaded needed the volume pedal moved from toe down to heel and back up, to hear anything. Presume they are saved with volume block set to zero, and depends on the global setting being per preset.