Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Möbius in stereo + Helix = gloriousness

StruckingFuggle

I've tried, but it's just not the same. Recording and playback on my studio monitors just doesn't capture the sound. In headphones, or on my monitors it sounds like "meh, chorus".

But sitting between these two L2t cranked up it's like "yea, baby!"

It's the whole "amp in the room" feel. :) I'm feelin it, man.

Hooked up my Möbius in stereo for the first time. Wow. Whowatt with a little Minotaur and some stereo verb and delay, add the "widening" chorus from Möbius and omg.

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq235/kurt_shetler/EE4A6038-2A21-4784-BAD4-3C1786D12937_zpstsvxza27.jpg

Did you hook it up in the FX-loop, or did you use the line outs?

I have Mobius and Helix LT but I am short of one cable now :) - for stereo - have to buy that yet. Didn't hook it up (yet). No...I did hook it up, but in mono, and I haven't tried this mono setup yet. Great you like it that much :)

Take it to the next level with this and everyone in the entire venue hears massive stereo. BTW, a big brother will be available very soon.

Wow. That sounds very intriguing. The price is a bit off putting at first but if it does what it says it does, I'm very interested.

(hopefully, it was kind of obvious I was only kidding,... of course, it is always better for us if we get to share in what you're hearing :) )

Have you found the quality of the chorus and phase on the Mobius are hard to recreate using the effects in Helix?

Wow. That sounds very intriguing. The price is a bit off putting at first but if it does what it says it does, I'm very interested.

Been using the version 2 of the SpaceStation (less power passive rather than active xover) and even that version sounds absolutely huge. It's the first stereo rig I've ever used where you can experience the stereo pretty much everywhere in the room, not just in the "sweet spot." Last couple of shows have been Helix 1/4" outs to the SpaceStation and XLRs feeding the PA.

Been using the version 2 of the SpaceStation (less power passive rather than active xover) and even that version sounds absolutely huge. It's the first stereo rig I've ever used where you can experience the stereo pretty much everywhere in the room, not just in the "sweet spot." Last couple of shows have been Helix 1/4" outs to the SpaceStation and XLRs feeding the PA.

Time to save some pennies! (Uh oh, I just got the Helix about 6 months ago and told my wife I now have everything I need. Gotta do some fast maneuvering) :D

(hopefully, it was kind of obvious I was only kidding,... of course, it is always better for us if we get to share in what you're hearing :) )

Have you found the quality of the chorus and phase on the Mobius are hard to recreate using the effects in Helix?

Not sure it's really a quality issue, because the mod effects in Helix are pretty good. I just prefer the sounds in Möbius. The phaser is thick and chewy. The chorus reminds me of all the 80s glory days. The rotary and vibe are killer. It's just one great preset after another.

There is a reason why so many boards have Möbius, big sky, and timeline. They are actually worth the money. If I had an extra $1k I'd have them all on my board next to Helix.

The Strymon boxes are big, power hungry, and expensive, but they deliver.

You have to hear it in person. You can walk into an adjacent room and still get the effect. You'll never look back. Nothing else works for me now, I'm spoiled.

(Uh oh, I just got the Helix about 6 months ago and told my wife I now have everything I need. Gotta do some fast maneuvering) :D

Yeah, that's why I am waiting for Line 6 to ramp up some of their effects (reverbs, etc...) because I already "have everything I need" as well...

• 4 weeks later...

How did I miss this?!?  

After listening to Strymon Time Line, Mobius and Big Sky effects and comparing to Helix (all day), I am liking the Strymon sounds/pedals a lot.

First off each one of these Strymon units has its own powerful Sharc processor dedicated to the effects (Helix has two 450MHz ADSP-21469 SHARCs as well) in them.

They all sound just KILLER. Better to me, and not just by a little (to my ears). Not knocking Helix guitar amp tones (best out there today IMO)- just the Helix effects ( compared with Strymon's ) are inferior.  As always, YMMV, but for those who haven't done so, just spend an hour or so on youtube and listen to those pedals on some good studio reference monitors, I think you will be amazed (as I was).

Damn you StruckingFuggle! I'm now a convert and want all 3 Strymon pedals (Mobius, Time Line & Big Sky) for Helix. !  :lol: