Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

IR export bug, with workaround

zooey

I've discovered that if you have any empty IRs selected when exporting, extra files are created, with names resembling but not the same as the ones before then in the list. As an inaccurate example, since I've already deleted the bogus export folder, if the IR before the empty one was '003 my preset', a file named '003 my preset n', or something, gets created.

Where this really bites you is that the name is similar enough that it may screw up sorting, so re-importing may not do the right thing.

Moral of the story, until this gets fixed: DO NOT export empty IRs. It's kind of a pain to shift-select all of them, then go back through and deselect empty ones, but it's worth it.

I've discovered that if you have any empty IRs selected when exporting, extra files are created, with names resembling but not the same as the ones before then in the list. As an inaccurate example, since I've already deleted the bogus export folder, if the IR before the empty one was '003 my preset', a file named '003 my preset n', or something, gets created.

Where this really bites you is that the name is similar enough that it may screw up sorting, so re-importing may not do the right thing.

Moral of the story, until this gets fixed: DO NOT export empty IRs. It's kind of a pain to shift-select all of them, then go back through and deselect empty ones, but it's worth it.

Grin, no problem for me, I have all the slots filled. No pesky empty slots, just wish I had more of them available.  :)

Grin, no problem for me, I have all the slots filled. No pesky empty slots, just wish I had more of them available.  :)

Yeah im with you there. I wouldve never even had a chance to find out about this issue had it not been mentioned.

I think a real easy way line6 could quickly address some of these IR issues is either by allowing the already existing IR number to be part of the export,  or by simply adding a (temporarily)permanent number at the front of each IR slot, both of which so we dont have to number them. That cant be hard? Yes wed give up 2 more IR characters, but those who number them do that anyway.

I think a lot of us are out of slots!  While I've been working on IR management this holiday weekend (finding and removing those I'm not using) I used RedWirez MixIR for the first time.  You can combine multiple IRs into a single file.  I've got some IRs I frequently use in presets (diff mics/cabs) and I've gone in and created single files for them.  This is opening up IR slots (not that I need to buy more) but it's also showed me how many IRs I have that I'm not even using anymore!  And it frees up a little more DSP having 2 IRs in a single file, although I don't recall how DSP intensive IRs are.