Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Where to buy JTV-69 (HSS) in Black

It seem really hard to find the JTV-69 (HSS) in all Black. I see a lot on the JTV-69S.  I see the JTV-69 in LP Blue listed.  Are Variax in limited Supply? Also, is the non Floyd JTV-89 still available?  The line 6 Website section on Variax is not very clear and what specific version / colors are currently being made.  Can any one recumbent a good dealer that can educate me and get the items I may want?

It seem really hard to find the JTV-69 (HSS) in all Black. I see a lot on the JTV-69S. I see the JTV-69 in LP Blue listed. Are Variax in limited Supply? Also, is the non Floyd JTV-89 still available? The line 6 Website section on Variax is not very clear and what specific version / colors are currently being made. Can any one recumbent a good dealer that can educate me and get the items I may want?

A "good" retailer? I'm not sure that exists...;)

Seriously though, Sweetwater is pretty good. 30 days to return stuff, no questions asked, and for the guitars, the photos they post are the actual instrument you'll receive. They even give you the serial numbers. That's about as good as it gets. But yes, Variax guitars are a niche product, and most places are not gonna have dozens of them laying around. Not sure about the black 69 in HSS...but I don't think they're making the 89 without the Floyd anymore.

Do you mean this sort?

post-694360-0-53626400-1496022819_thumb.jpg

It's a black HSS JTV-69.

I was all set to buy the blue one but that sale fell through and I chanced across this in a music store in my city earlier this year.

But they had had it for a couple of years I think.

Can't easily find it online, so I'm not sure if Line6 no longer produce that colour.

Shame because I love this colour more than the other, current 69's.

Yeh I think I got lucky with mine. Having a quick look now, the only black ones I can find are the SSS with the maple fingerboard, which I still prefer to the blue ones. Depends how intent you are on having a HSS model.