Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

LINE6 APLIFi: Things to Improve

paco5950

This topic is for AMPLIFi TT/FX100 users to provide suggestions and notes on things they would like to see improved with this effects unit and related tools. 

*****This is not a thread for complaining; provide your feedback with respect and clarity.

Using FX100 with Android Remote App.  I am finding it difficult to save and update tones as I edit them. 

CURRENT FUNCTION:

I save the tone I am editing to "My Tones" this makes a duplicate effect with the same name.  I figure out which effect is the new one and which is the old one, then erase the old.  Finally I go to "My Tones" select the tone I have just saved and use the top-right drop down menu to select "Save to Hardware". 

PROBLEM:

Too many steps.

As an example:  I want to balance the volume of each effect so they are approximately equal.  This means switching between effects to hear the difference and then adjusting accordingly.  Trouble is when I switch effects, the adjustments are discarded unless I go through the steps above.

DESIRED FUNCTION:

I open my desired tone in the "Editor".  After making some small adjustments I bring down a drop down menu where I have the following options:  "Save Changes", "Save New", "Save and Push to Hardware".

that is what the ideas site is for though...

improvements on hardware side: 

• since the unit is used in combination with a tablet or smartphone, omitting a usb-port for charging seems strange  to me: → future products in the spirit of Amplifi should have USB charging port
  • effects loop would be nice to have (but to be honest low on my priority list :-))

firmware improvements:

• ability to record both dry and recorded signal using USB
  • allow to control via midi or similar (wet dream would be tempomap that could switch presets - but that  won't happen Line6 wants to sell floorboards...)
  • bluetooth reliability

other software improvements

• bluetooth compatibility/stability
  • make the navigation in the Android app not s*ck (esp. backbutton behaviour)
  • support to swap whole bank to the active one (copy preset A, B, C, D of selected bank to Bank1, so they'll all be available for switching no front of amplifi without app, don't care whether this is done by storing to mytones
  • make the navigation not s*ck (mention a second time, but this really is a big annoyance in the android app), navigation from now playing to other views and back is inconsistent and a huge pain in the arse
  • equalizer view with frequency selection and the horizontal adjustment is not user-friendly, would prefer more suitable presentation of the filtering/where in the frequency spectrum you set the control points to
  • better tone search filtering options (when you don't have tagged songs on your device, but still would like to use a tone similar to artist xy/song xy.  Right now almost never gets the  intended matches
  • ability to set mytones as favorites / why doesn't it show mytones that were tagged wtih "apply songinfo" as suggestions in my playing view?
  • support linux for updating firmware

Using FX100 with Android Remote App.  I am finding it difficult to save and update tones as I edit them. 

CURRENT FUNCTION:

I save the tone I am editing to "My Tones" this makes a duplicate effect with the same name.  I figure out which effect is the new one and which is the old one, then erase the old.  Finally I go to "My Tones" select the tone I have just saved and use the top-right drop down menu to select "Save to Hardware". 

For editing tones I also wish to have a A-B comparison, i.e. either compare your current tone with a stored preset without  the need to store each iteration manually. i.e. while editing hit a button and it will undo all your unsaved edits (but doesn't throw them away), hit that button again and you're back at the same point you were before pressing the button. (hope I made myself clear with that :-))

• 1 month later...

I would suggest you add a mode to make the A,B,C,D buttons assignable to effects, pedals, amps, compressors, anything located within a particular selected tone setup.

Example:  You have a cool blues setting on bank 1 channel C.  You navigate to bank 1, step on "C" and your up and running. 

Now, my idea - You're going to play this channel for a while and you want to activate a Stomp Pedal, once you're in the channel you could for example press and hold the middle two buttons (B & C) for three seconds and now the device goes into that channel and all of the buttons are assigned to things in your setup.  Maybe "A" is set to turn on the Stop, "B" kicks in the Chorus Pedal, etc. 

Just hold B & C down for another 3 seconds and you're back in "bank" mode.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Windows support for control software! Via USB or whatever. Can't believe there isn't yet.

I doubt it will ever happen... The whole point of the AMPLIFi series is the wireless integration with mobile devices. If people want to edit with a PC, the Spider V offers virtually the same feature set as the AMPLIFi with both mobile (via a wired connection) and PC editing.

• 1 month later...