Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to manage multiple controller assignment and clear it? (fw2.21)

Lelik

I have the latest firmware 2.21.

By mistake I assigned 2 things to a switch: two different channel volumes of an amp sim, and also the bypass of the same amp sim (that I did not intend to assign at all).

I don't understand how I can clear these assignments (both and/or each of them).

Could you help me please? I tried to find this information in the manual (the only one I found is for fw 2.10) but I can't understand it, or there is some different behaviour in the current fw. Thanks!

I read a bit back on this forum a method to clear assignments. I wish I could find the original for credit.

Select the amp block you want to erase the assignment.

Now press and hold "bypass" then quickly press the knob below the parameter you want to clear. The brackets "[ ]" should go away.

Move on the block you want to assign/un-assign, then click the Menu button (top left, just at the right of the save button). Then click on the Bypass Assign (first rotary under the Helix Screen).

You'll see in that page the "Switch" field. There you can spin the rotary to assign/un-assign a footswitch.

Hope this helps.

I read a bit back on this forum a method to clear assignments. I wish I could find the original for credit.

Select the amp block you want to erase the assignment.

Now press and hold "bypass" then quickly press the knob below the parameter you want to clear. The brackets "[ ]" should go away.

That was me =]

In this case though, the OP would want to go to that block, and then push the menu button, and select bypass assign.

Then it can be cleared from that screen.

The hold bypass/push encoder works for a parameter controller, but not an enable/bypass block assignment.

Edit: see also Ninja-style simultaneous post above =]

Nicely done, PierM

• Upvote 1