Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sending serial midi commands on Snapshot

ZSchneidi

Hello guys,

I want to control another device via midi.

The device needs two signals first a CC#47 value 1-127 and after that a CC#50-54.

I can send either the CC#47 or the CC#50-54 but the target device wont recognize the second 

commands if I try to send both of them.

In the control center i have set up an instant command per snapshot this works fine.

The instant command sends the CC#47 and the device triggers a preset change but

the CC#50 for example is required for the device to activate a specific slot.

Now I have set up a second instant command for the CC#50 but that isn't recognized by my target.

It seem so that both commands will be emitted at the exact same moment am I right here ?

What I need is to send both commands in serial. So first CC#47 and after that when my target is ready

the CC#50.

But I don't want to press a second button in order to do this.

How could this be setup in order to work ?

I think your process is right but it is more a "timing issue".  Some MIDI devices can not take a "fast" streaming of serial data.  It needs to "breathe" between CC#.  If you can do it with two button pushes that will most likely be the only way to get it to work with your current receive devise.  You might try two snapshots each with a CC# command.  Yea, two button pushes but at least you still have all your foot switches to utilize.

Good luck,  Bo

Hi there.

I had a similar problem with an app for my iPhone and the Helix... as already mentioned it is to do with the time it takes the Helix to process the MIDI request. Once I allowed to send the second request 0.3 of a second later, it worked. It was a bit tricky for me because the second message had to be in hexadecimal ( RAW Data ).

Maybe it could be processed even faster... as that time worked form my needs, I didn't try anything lower.

Hope it helps you.

Yeah thanks man I guess the issue here may be a timing problem.

What i would need is to offset the second midi command by several milliseconds.

The target device doesn't seem to queue them and discard everything other than the first command it gets.

Maybe I just dont understand how the Helix works in that regards.

So if anyone here did similar stuff already some help would sill be good.

Or it would be a good feature in the future so we could define sequential midi commands in the command center.