Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Reorganizing setlists

getthewillies

Is there an easy way to move items around in a setlist?

Define easy.

Are you using the Helix or the Editor?

In the editor, right click a preset, select copy or move, select a slot, and right click paste

I'd have to get on my Helix to remember exactly how to do it there.

I mostly do that stuff in the editor, but that's just me.

What would you like to see?

In this case, it's probably easier to do on Helix itself; a preset you create that's at the end of the setlist, for instance, you can press the save button once, and there you're presented with several options on the encoder knobs: one of those is 'reorder...'

You can then dial that, and the preset gets moved to the new position - effectively inserting it in the spot you want (it's actually doing all that moving of the other presets for you as you go).

Super-easy that way.

No need to actually save at that point either (hope I'm remembering this menu properly right now; I'm not near my Helix at the moment).

I am using the editor. That is what I am currently doing.

I would like to be able to insert a patch and not have to move all of the others after.

You mean insert one and have the others automatically move down one? Sorry. Nope.

In this case, it's probably easier to do on Helix itself; a preset you create that's at the end of the setlist, for instance, you can press the save button once, and there you're presented with several options on the encoder knobs: one of those is 'reorder...'

You can then dial that, and the preset gets moved to the new position - effectively inserting it in the spot you want (it's actually doing all that moving of the other presets for you as you go).

Super-easy that way.

No need to actually save at that point either (hope I'm remembering this menu properly right now; I'm not near my Helix at the moment).

I am not seeing a "reorder" option in the Helix 'Save' screen although it would be handy and maybe I am missing something. You may be recalling the "Insert" button which is only for inserting a blank into the preset name.  Let us know if you have a method for this on the Helix when you get back to yours. The easiest method I know of is using the Editor and simply highlighting all the presets you need moved at one time and copying and pasting them into the new location, for example, one slot further down. Not quite as elegant perhaps as a "reorder" or "insert" option but it really is quite easy and only takes a moment.

can't you shift select all the presets at and beyond the slot being inserted into, cut and paste one down, then move the other into place?

Doing it on Helix as suggested above works, too.

Yeah, you can do this. I think you can also click-hold and drag the block of presets as well to move them.