Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

any thing in helix you think sucks?

shanecgriffo

Not that it sucks, but i'd like the ability to drag and drop downloaded .HLX preset files into the editor instead of having to import, steer to the folder, scroll up and down find the file and click open. That basic functionality was available in L6's SpiderEdit editor.

are You sure ? dragndrop works completely fine with Helix editor.

post-2433077-0-63290000-1500203999_thumb.jpg

The Axe FX II editor (had this when I owned one) had a built in curve adjust setting (using virtual sliders) for the Expression pedals, for adjusting the beginning and end of the travel on the pedal. This allowed the user to use a straight line from beginning to end, or set a convex curve at the start and concave at the end of travel, and this could be adjusted as very minor or a lot, user choice. 

SConcaveConvexG.jpg

They also had a user adjustment (in percentages) on when exactly the Wah would engage when rocked forwards from heel position. 

I WISH Line 6 would take a second and consider this to add to Helix.

@spikey

That very closely resembles the velocity response curve in quite a few DAWs for things like midi keyboards.  Including my own in FLS.

This would be a very nice feature to have with the Helix at some point. :)

I know the Helix platform is still kinda new, but they are seriously building something great with it. Look at how far Helix has expanded since its launch. 

It has many amps/fx added since launch, and snapshots.

A new minimal form version at a lower price.

AND a dedicated plugin coming soon. 

In a few years I think the Helix will not only have a lot of the features that we want that the competition may have in some form, but I think also some new things as well. The ability to have all of it seamlessly share presets between all Helix versions is a great step towards that. 

The Axe FX II editor (had this when I owned one) had a built in curve adjust setting (using virtual sliders) for the Expression pedals, for adjusting the beginning and end of the travel on the pedal. This allowed the user to use a straight line from beginning to end, or set a convex curve at the start and concave at the end of travel, and this could be adjusted as very minor or a lot, user choice.

SConcaveConvexG.jpg

They also had a user adjustment (in percentages) on when exactly the Wah would engage when rocked forwards from heel position.

I WISH Line 6 would take a second and consider this to add to Helix.

Yes indeed! I hate the response of the expression pedal.

Please upvote my suggestion - https://line6.ideascale.com/a/idea-v2/890716

Thanks!

The update procedure, I have got to the point where I won't even update unless there is a major version change, that to me shows there is something seriously wrong.

The pitch and synth stuff is pretty bad.

The tuner could use some improvement.

Undo would be good for when the joystick destroys your careful work.

• Upvote 1

2 things for me.

- Delay time/subdivision not being a snapshot parameter (and of course I want trails :) )

- Flanger. I probably lack some skills tuning them correctly. I have a basic MXR micro flanger I like a lot, and I can't dial anything close to it.

Maybe I'm not quite getting you, but I change subdivisions using Snapshots all the time. My main patch switches between dotted eighth, quarter, and sixteenth note values.

• Upvote 1

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh !!! IIn the controler assign section of the editor, all the parameters are in the same order as when editing a block... except the Note Sync parameter which is at the end of the list ! I just missed it and lost so much time duplicating delay blocks. Thanks so much !!!!!

• 4 years later...
On 5/31/2017 at 5:54 PM, brue58ski said:

For me it's the tuner. I think it's....OW, OW,...stop hitting me!!!!! OK, OK. Nevermind. I really like the tuner a lot I guess.

Agreed.  It's so hyper sensitive and jittery.  Can't ever seem to get it SPOT on.  But, the guitar sounds fine, so I guess its just my OCD.

On 6/17/2017 at 8:04 PM, Inerzia said:

The update process sucks, and.. if we're talking about things that suck, that's it for me.

If we talk about things I think sucks they haven't been included... I miss some models from the HD (Vocoder, Dimension chorus, Pattern tremolo, Jet Fuzz and some other L6 models), M series (filters and synths) and XT series (Synth stuff and autowah).
By now, for some of those applications, I've found other models that work for me, but there's nothing that sounds quite like the Growler, for example, and you just can't replace the pattern tremolo with anything, or the vocoder.
Anyway, those are things that I was using on the HD and previous generations, and I understand that some filters, synths and such things (specially the vocoder) are niche stuff, not what most people use.

I don't like the rotary speaker models on the Helix. I own an Eventide H9 max (which I'm using with the Helix)  and a Korg G4. Both sound great to me as rotary speaker sims.
I also own a real leslie, an 825.
I don't know, I just don't like how the rotary models on the Helix sound. Even with the cab sims or IRs off, it's as if they don't come across, they get lost.

I'm not crazy about most of the reverbs and delays, and by that, I mean I like others better, like the ones in the H9 (of course, it's a 400$ pedal doing just one effect) and some Lexicon plugins and rack units I've been using... well, duh... both brands are known to specialize in space/time effects... but I've been using the reverbs, delays (and everything but the rotaries) on the Helix since day one, and I still have to feel I'm missing something. 

There's a lot of stuff I'd like to see one day on the Helix. Some of it will make it, some won't. Meanwhile, color me 90% happy.

I really miss the pattern tremolo.  Such a fun effect.  Hopefully they drop it in a legacy folder at some point.

On 5/15/2022 at 6:37 AM, plittlefield said:

Agreed.  It's so hyper sensitive and jittery.  Can't ever seem to get it SPOT on.  But, the guitar sounds fine, so I guess its just my OCD.

This has been discussed many, many, many times on here and other forums. Resurrecting a post from 2017 isn’t going to make any difference- this horse is dead. Trust me - it’s your OCD.

On 5/15/2022 at 6:47 AM, plittlefield said:

I really miss the pattern tremolo.  Such a fun effect.  Hopefully they drop it in a legacy folder at some point.

Huh? They did drop it in the Legacy > Modulation folder way back in Firmware version 2.50 released on February 7th 2018 - over 5 years ago!

Once again your were replying to a comment in a dead thread from mid 2017.

There is a much more recent thread on here, from May 2021, which states:

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 2

On 5/15/2022 at 12:47 AM, plittlefield said:

There’s actually two versions of it on the Helix - the HX version called “Bleat Chop Trem” and the Legacy version mentioned above.

• Upvote 2

On 5/17/2022 at 8:59 AM, brue58ski said:

It would help me a lot if you could copy and paste a whole path.

You know what would be cool?  If you could copy snapshots between presets.  It wouldn't be too difficult to figure out what blocks need to be copied along with them.  There also could be functionality to remove unused blocks.  That way you can for example dial in your solo sound on one preset/snapshot, and then you can copy/paste that snapshot into another preset/snapshot.  Not a show-stopper, but could be super convenient to build new presets in minutes, as opposed to recreating the whole thing from scratch or making a copy of the existing preset and making tweaks (which is what I do). 

There also seems to be an issue when you copy a block from an existing preset and paste it into a new one--the bypass and [parameters] don't work as expected.  I typically have to re-add the block manually in these situations. https://line6.ideascale.com/c/idea/1044711

On 5/17/2022 at 6:26 AM, theElevators said:

You know what would be cool?  If you could copy snapshots between presets.  It wouldn't be too difficult to figure out what blocks need to be copied along with them.  There also could be functionality to remove unused blocks.  That way you can for example dial in your solo sound on one preset/snapshot, and then you can copy/paste that snapshot into another preset/snapshot.  Not a show-stopper, but could be super convenient to build new presets in minutes, as opposed to recreating the whole thing from scratch or making a copy of the existing preset and making tweaks (which is what I do). 

There also seems to be an issue when you copy a block from an existing preset and paste it into a new one--the bypass and [parameters] don't work as expected.  I typically have to re-add the block manually in these situations. https://line6.ideascale.com/c/idea/1044711

More good suggestions