Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Japandroids

lshobson

Wondering if someone could help me create a Japandroids tone (they are essentially are doing what Local H did).  

I'd like to be able to turn the bass on and off.  I'm assuming I need to create a separate signal path for the lower octave.

Do you think the Helix can handle this without getting too warbly?  

I'll be running direct into a PA.  

Thanks!

Do you have a sound example of the tone you're going for that you could share? A youtube clip works well. From what I gathered from your post, it sounds like you are trying to add an octave bass note below chords you are playing?

I have a patch like this that I jam with a drummer just for fun.. 2 separate paths from the same input. One path has a simple pitch down 1 octave that I turn the bass or guitar on and off with different snapshots and gain blocks. The bass output is 1/4" out to a bass amp. There are other modulation and fuzz things that I turn on and off too on both the guitar and bass channel. The XLR out is the guitar channel and that goes out to a FRFR speaker for the guitar. Sounds huge! You can just send both to a PA as well.  

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I'll upload a starting base template to Customtone. Adjust amp/effects and outputs etc. as you see fit. It will have a guitar kill and a bass kill switch ( Momentary- hold them down to keep whatever path off etc) you can change that to a latching on and off if you want. The volume pedal will adjust bass volume blend to the guitar tone. Very basic.