Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Horrible noise when my POD HD 500X is connected to my computer.

matonanjin

My POD HD 500X is connected to my Fender Blues Jr.3 via a regular guitar cable.  If I hook up a guitar to it everything works fine.  Sounds great. 

I just recently installed the Edit software and connected  to my computer (Windows system) via USB cable.  And now I am getting a horrible buzz out of my amp.  It makes no difference if the POD is on or off.  The second I unplug the usb cable out of the back of my POD it is quiet.

This will give you an idea of the noise:

https://soundcloud.com/matonanjin/noise

I know this is not the fault of the POD.  But I hope that there may be some electronics experts on here that can suggest where I start to resolve this.  At some point I may want to start recording with my POD and DAW and I will have to figure this out.

Buzz?  Yeah, I would call it a "Buzz".  If you go to that Soundcloud link you can hear it.  I don't know what a ground loop is.  I'll try plugging into a different outlet if I can find an extension chord.  All the outlets in my office/sound/practice room are on the same circuit.

I get this as well. It helps a lot if both the HD500 and laptop are plugged into the same power strip/outlet. You may want to try plugging the HD500 or laptop plug the other way around. That helps with some things.