Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pickup-Switch not working as intended on JTV59p

I recently bought a used JTV59p Goldtop. Everything is working as expected, with the exception

of the pickup-switch. When in Magnetics-Mode, everything is fine, but in Modeling-Mode, only the

middle and top-position switch to their respective models. The down-position does nothing.

Ive tried reflashing the Firmware, to no avail. Everything is at it's latest Version. I have read that

other people seem to have had the same problem. What kind of solution can you suggest?

Will i have to send the guitar to line6 to be repaired, all on my wallet because the warranty should

be pretty much void by now? Maybe i can just buy a new Switch, and have my local repair guy do the

replacement for me? If so, where can i get said switch? Or can that actually be done by line6-staff only,

for reasons of being too complicated for a non-specially-trained, regular guitar-tech (which, in this case

is a very good one,i must add)? Any and all help and suggestions will be most welcome! Thx in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Go into your Line 6 account, log a support ticket.

It needs to go to your local Line 6 authorized service center.

They will have access to service information, and they can

consult me through our service partners there, if needed.