Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Where is Native?

spikey

Ok, where is it?

This is mainly pointed at our Line 6 PR guy.

Yea I know it's not out yet. Yea I know its due to release in spring. Yada yada yada. Where are we status wise is the question? 

Thanks DI for any info you are allowed to give at this point.

• Upvote 1

That's calendar spring. We would prefer to use solar spring for this: :D

June Solstice in Calabasas, California, USA is on
Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 9:24 pm PDT

... and as PeterHamm says we have to add a day just for pi$$ing them off.

IMHO if you say 'Spring' you get peoples' hopes up and fail to deliver as quickly as they expect since it has now been spring for quite some time with no release. It would be better to say' We aim to release by the Summer' then everyone is happy if it turns up before June 21.

• Downvote 1

I got fed up of waiting and scored a good deal on an LT  - maybe that was their plan all along lol.

£719.10 including 12 months Interest free credit. Sounds great in the return of my Laney Lionheart (which also sounds great alone BTW) Happy days :-)

• 2 weeks later...

This week I began swapping out POD Farm (and a few Scuffham S-Gear) instances with Helix Native on my will-never-be-finished record, so it's definitely working. We're in serious bug squashing mode and hoping to stretch into beta this week. The beta team is MASSIVE.

Sadly, anyone expecting to download Helix Native on June 21 should probably curb their enthusiasm.

• Upvote 2

This week I began swapping out POD Farm (and a few Scuffham S-Gear) instances with Helix Native on my will-never-be-finished record, so it's definitely working. We're in serious bug squashing mode and hoping to stretch into beta this week. The beta team is MASSIVE.

Sadly, anyone expecting to download Helix Native on June 21 should probably curb their enthusiasm.

Let's get it right... not fast...

• Upvote 1

Ah. You're killing me DI, you're killing me! :D  But seriously, would rather have a working program than just shoveling it out to meet a deadline. Take all the time you guys need. (But hurry. ;))

Ah. You're killing me DI, you're killing me! :D  But seriously, would rather have a working program than just shoveling it out to meet a deadline. Take all the time you guys need. (But hurry. ;))

Helix Native 1.0 is our top priority. Later, Helix FW 2.30 for Floor, Rack/Control, and LT will add new amps and effects and will drop with the new HX Edit application, which is a from-the-ground-up rewrite of the Helix editor that matches Helix Native's UI/UX. Helix Native will also be updated to Helix Core 2.30, and will continue to receive updates until its features are in parity with the hardware. (For example, it won't support snapshots right away.)

Going forward, the plan is to update Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, and Helix Native at the same time, so they always have the same models and features. This has required a metric ton of fundamental architectural changes, but in the end, this effort allows us to release firmware and software (and future hardware!) more quickly and efficiently. It also opens the door to some pretty nutty things in the future. Line 6 is ALL IN on Helix.

• Upvote 12

Helix Native 1.0 is our top priority. Later, Helix FW 2.30 for Floor, Rack/Control, and LT will add new amps and effects and will drop with the new HX Edit application, which is a from-the-ground-up rewrite of the Helix editor that matches Helix Native's UI/UX. Helix Native will also be updated to Helix Core 2.30, and will continue to receive updates until its features are in parity with the hardware. (For example, it won't support snapshots right away.)

Going forward, the plan is to update Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, and Helix Native at the same time, so they always have the same models and features. This has required a metric ton of fundamental architectural changes, but in the end, this effort allows us to release firmware and software (and future hardware!) more quickly and efficiently. It also opens the door to some pretty nutty things in the future. Line 6 is ALL IN on Helix.

That's the important and cool part. I've done the math as far as how much income I'm GUESSING Line 6 has received in the first two years of Helix, and I would think that the future is very consequential based on that. But moreso because it's obvious in my dealings with the Line 6ers that they, frankly, love doing this and are passionate about the music as much as the tools.

Thanks again! You guys really do go above and beyond constantly.

• Upvote 1

I'm excited. Thank you for the glimpse into the future! Very much looking forward to it.

Very cool thanks for the Update ..

in  the next coming amps  will we see Higain or more Vintage ?? ,,you guys have done a really good job or spreading things out so far  ,with the big Bass pack and Archon, Matchless

It seems like there is almost a theme to the updates or focus 

How many times have you been told that you`re definitely the Lord in this forum?? Well... just to assure... YOU`RE THE MAN x 10. 

Keep up the amazing work you guys do. I`m looking forward to seeing the new amps and effects... hope there`s some deutsch rocket fuel there...  ;)

• Upvote 1

Awesome in every respect!

How does one become a beta tester. I was one for years for Spectrasonics. I'll put that thing through the paces!!!

Sorry. You basically needed to bug us back in January when it was announced. Eight zillion people came out of the woodwork then (current Line 6ers, ex-Line 6ers, studio engineers, session guitarists, forum gurus, forum trolls [?!], and their mom); our beta team filled up fast.

• Upvote 1

Sorry. You basically needed to bug us back in January when it was announced. Eight zillion people came out of the woodwork then (current Line 6ers, ex-Line 6ers, studio engineers, session guitarists, forum gurus, forum trolls [?!], and their mom); our beta team filled up fast.

Can one be a forum guru and a forum troll at the same time? Asking for a friend... :ph34r:

• Upvote 4

btw, Phil's mom says thanks...

• 1 month later...