Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500X + Marshall 8008 power Amp + Marshall 1922 Cab

rhandy

Hello

I have one "old" setup Marshall JMP1 Pre Amp and Marshall 8008 Power Amp + Marshall 1922 Cab (2x celestion GT-T75).

I connect outputs from Pod to Marshall Power Amp. I use output Combo Power Amp setting, but all presets sound muddy and too digital.

If I use 4 cable method and use JMP1 as Pre-amp and pod only for effects on Fx Loop, sound good.

I have to remove cab simulation and amp and use only pre-amps simulators?

Have you tried running the HD Studio Direct then to the power amp? GT75s should respond well and IMO Studio Direct opens the HD up.

That said every setup is a bit unique and you should play around with what sounds good to your ears.

Combo power amp works.

But the best way to start is choose one blank preset, start only one amp, test different cabs, adjust settings on amp.

Some amps have very low output to my power amp, compared to Marshall JMP1 preamp. I have to opern master gain and increase some Dbs on mixer.