Sign in to follow this  
rroling

dry guitar tone bleeding through?

I have been playing with my Helix this week and I have been noticing when I play the guitar really hard, the unprocessed sound of my guitar is bleeding through.  If I am playing staccato it sounds fine, but if I hit a big chord, the processed sound gets compressed and I am hearing the sound of my unprocessed guitar and it make is sound like crap.  I am just running a real JHS Morning Glory Pedal in one of the loops into a Archetype Clean model and a Mesa 4x12 v30 with a 67 mic and some reverb.  I took out everything else to try and figure it out.  I had such high hopes for this unit, but so far it is letting me down.  Tried running this in a powered monitor and using the headphone jack.  same result

Am I missing something setting wise?  Am I clipping something?  Has anyone else experienced this?

If you are using only Path 1 for processing the signal, check your inputs and outputs for Path 2. It's possible that it is receiving and outputting the dry signal.

• Upvote 1

That is it.  I swear I checked EVERYTHING, I can't believe I missed that.  Helix:1, me 0

Thank you!!

• Upvote 1

Yeah I had the same thing happen and felt so stupid lol.

It was a happy accident though! Led me to the world of running clean and overdriven sounds in parallel 😎