Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Patch & Bank Selector Knob - how to get nearby the inside and switch banks

Smashcraaft

Hi. I bought a used POD HD500 as a backup for my 500x. The POD is in really good conditions, except the Patch/Bank Selector Knob, which was declared as broken and non-functional in the auction (got it for about 160 USD).

The loose Patch/Bank Selector Knob is not really a problem because I am still able to switch the banks. For that reason I use the last patch in every setlist (16D) to copy "jump-patches" from one to another.

If you f.e. copy a empty patch from your last setlist to the first, the POD automaticly switches from the source to the target-setlist.

This tip was provided by the seller of my device and I found it really useful.

What I like to ask is, how I can get nearby the Patch & Bank Selector Knob, to take a look if it could be fixed the easy way. Are the screws nearby the display the way to go? Or do I have to open the POD from the bottom. Otherwise I would only like to fixate it, to avoid further damage of the electronics nearby the knob.

post-2321913-0-77033100-1496833425_thumb.jpg

post-2321913-0-93488400-1496833440_thumb.jpg

From memory and a long while ago I noticed that when you separate the top cover from the knobs

the actual plastic navigational parts remain but the knobs I am sure are accessible on the board. 

You might not have to remove that at all but those screws you see on top are all that hold it.

You should be able to repair or replace it easily enough.

The HD comes apart easily and there are a few videos to help.

The knob in question looks like it is just loose from the board hopefully.

If it is broken and a replacement is needed that too should be purchasable.

• Upvote 1