Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Boston Area Helix User Group Meeting Sunday 6/25 2pm

FlyingsCool

Just a reminder that the Boston Helix User Group will be meeting at the Somerville Jamspot (111 South St, Somerville, MA 02143) in 3 weeks on Sunday, June 25th from 2 pm to 5 pm. @Frank Ritchotte Senior Director of Operations at Line 6 will be joining us clear.png . Hope everyone in the area has left the date open. Looks like there should be plenty of parking around the building and in the area. Hope to see you there!

Just asked to join the Facebook group.  Unfortunately I won't be able to make the June 25th get together, but want to stay informed of future gatherings.  I would definitely be down to hang with some Helix cats.   I actually saw Frank a couple of months ago at the BOC show -- watching Richie Castellano rock a Helix!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, not that anyone super cares, but I'm not feeling well and probably won't make it today. Wish that wasn't so, would be great to see folks again, and see what everyone's got going on. Too bad these get-togethers are so far apart, but I know everyone's busy, myself included.

Anyway, rock on!

Sorry we missed you. Six of us - Tom, Rick, Mark and Katia, me, and a newcomer named Ben who brought his LT. I brought my A/B box so Ben was able to hear how a decent FRFR sounded vs his old battery-powered Cube subway amp. We jammed on a few tunes and checked out a few more of Mark's guitars! Frank had a conflict but sent along some cool swag. We agreed that everyone's rig's sounded great - a testament to the Helix models and flexibility.

We're looking a few months out for the next one, probably back up in Wakefield; less urban traffic BS.

Next time I'd like to:

Audition my guitar (and others') through different rigs

A/B more speakers

Play through some tunes that allow blends of clean tones and distorted tones, with agreement on who's doing what so folks can hear stuff stand out for critiquing

Dedicate some bass and drum duty for a couple of tunes (we all just stuck to our guitars and a couple of vox for the jams)

Thanks again to flyingscool for organizing - 

Mitch

Thanks for the rundown Mitch, hope to make it next time.

Like you, I'd love to hear my guitar and patches through some other FRFRs, I just have low budget Alesis ones.

Cool that this is happening, and thanks to flyingscool for the legwork.

Yeah, I had a blast! Thanks for letting me hear how my patches sounded through decent speakers. Really cool to hear how different (and uniformly great) everyone sounded. Hopefully a friend or someone from the group can give me a ride if we're doing the next one in Wakefield, without a car that's a pretty difficult trip.