Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Podxt Deauthorize

Ok, so I just authorized my ten year old PODxt, just to see what it did, and then I tried to deauthorize it.

Now, the License Manager asks me to remove my purchased model packs before deauthorizing.

These packs were bought many years ago just when they came out and installed to my unit.

Will these model packs be removed from my unit, which leaves me to rebuy them again?

Thx

Tony

Why do you want to deauthorize it?

The Model Packs you purchased will always be tied to your account, so you will never lose them unless you "gift" them to a new owner of the xt.

The License Manager is Line6's current method to authorize licenses, and allows you to use your Model Packs on up to 4 compatible devices/software.

The your are asked to remove the purchases is because there is no reason to deauthorize your xt unless you are selling it.

The thing is this, I don't have any information on my current account that I have bought these packs, I bought them under another username, but I don't remember what username or password or anything and I have changed my email adress a few times since that also, so I can't retrieve any info from that.

I have registered my PODxt on my new account today also, which is a year or two old by now, and I expected the registration to not accept it because I think I did register the Xt under my first username, but the registration went successfully so probably I didn't register the Xt on my old account.

Now, sometimes when I start my Xt, the model packs load as they did before, but sometimes they seem to be "disabled" because I'm not getting much sound out of them, it seems mostly to be the direct line signal that passes through them.

Also, sometimes when I start the Xt it shows a sign that goes something like "Standard Model Set Loaded" on the display.

These things seem to happen only when I have my USB cable inserted to the unit.

Maybe I should just get a support ticket and ask Line 6 to drop the pending deauthorization?