Sign in to follow this  
Luhgiyt

Toneport UX1 creates static w/ microphone

Hello,

I wanted to bring attention to my current issue with my UX1. Basically when I load in the audio from my microphone, there's a loud static noise made with it.

I made a video to hear it: 

If anyone knows how to help it would be much appreciated, thank you.

You might try turning off any wireless you have on.

Hmm. That sounds like a reasonable solution but sadly there isn't anything wireless connected to the PC or around it. Seems to be more like a unit problem with the UX1. Maybe because it's plugged into a power strip instead of the wall? Haven't tried that one yet. But anyway thanks for the help! :)

HI,

I'm just wondering what you were meaning concerning plugging something into a power strip. Have you got a usb cable into a power strip that has a usb socket?

David

HI,

I'm just wondering what you were meaning concerning plugging something into a power strip. Have you got a usb cable into a power strip that has a usb socket?

David

I apologize. How I worded that didn't make much sense. Basically the phantom power box I have with the device is plugged into a powerstrip and not the wall. Don't know if I can bump this thread. Issue still hasn't been fixed.

I have the same problem. Did you ever find out why and did your mic work?