Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax 300 - D string 1/2 volume of others

top1percent

Hi,

I just pulled my old Variax 300 out of my gear closet hoping to lay down an Acoustic 12-string part on a recording, but my D string plays at about 1/2 the volume of the other strings..  I tried all the patches and it's the same on every one so I don't assume it's a patch problem.  I've searched the forums and all I could find is a similar issue with one of the Acoustic Variax's.  Unfortunately the solution doesn't translate to the electric.

Has anyone else had this issue and figured out how to resolve it?

Thanks for the help,

Brad

-Bridge bone transducer problem

-Loose connection

-Oxidized solder points

-Minor hiccup in the programming

In any case, it's an older product, so it's probably time for a good technical going over and check out.

Log a support ticket in your account to get things started on that.

I had a similar issue after purchasing a V600 last year.

The G string was weak at my first attempts. So I pulled the string and let it snap down on the piezo several times and afterwards, it worked short term. I had to repeat that over the first week and after that it never appeared again. Seems to me that the piezo did not sat well or wasn't straight.