Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

89f - Custom 1 & 2 - Patches Not Identical

Got my 89F finally and love it.   I've setup my Custom 1 and 2 settings and have noticed that the patches that I've directly copied from the other banks sound different using the Custom 1 and 2 than say the original location.  I'm using various selections, copied exactly as they were from the Spank, Lester, and Acoustic banks specifically...yet they sound more 'alive' when playing them with the selection knob selected to the respective original location (ie Lester - position 1) vs where i have them in the Custom 1/2 locations.  

Can anyone explain this?  Why are they not the same...it sounds as if by copying the patch to another location I am now modeling a model....if that makes any sense.  Is this just the way it is, am I doing something wrong and if so how do I fix it?  

you need to update your variax first thing... the issue you are experiencing may have already been addressed.....

how do i know?

you won't be able to use one of the custom banks after updating, it should have a model of the 89 pickups.

Ok thanks.  It must have already been updated and that was the differences I was hearing.  So does this mean I can't use Custom 1?  What's the point then?

ON the 89 and 89F, the Custom 1 bank is hard-coded with the model of the magnetic pickups on the guitar. It essentially gives you access to a model on the Variax that sounds like the mag pickups that you can use with alternate tunings.

ON the 89 and 89F, the Custom 1 bank is hard-coded with the model of the magnetic pickups on the guitar. It essentially gives you access to a model on the Variax that sounds like the mag pickups that you can use with alternate tunings.

and on top of that... it's just temporarily like that....

they will release the models and a version of workbench that supports them at some point... i'd guess as part of the 2.0 upgrade thats coming soon.... but haven't seen anything stating it.