Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10 physical configuration of xmitter a deal breaker (for me)

BuleriaChk

I really like the idea of the G10, but the problem for me is that there is no foldover physical configuration like the Guitar Bug.  This is a deal breaker for an acoustic guitarist like myself, since it extends vertically from the base of the guitar, inviting an accident with the input jack.

Line 6 should make a transmitter like Guitar Bug; I returned my G10 to purchase an xVive U2, which works great and has foold-over for both xmitter and receiver AND four channels, so one could purchase a second receiver and go into two amps (not that I would ever want to do that, but it is there....)....

That said, as soon as L6 makes a "guitar bug" configuration for the xmitter of the G10, I will consider a purchase as a backup....

What is the issue, exactly? I guess it's possible that you could forget the transmitter is plugged into the guitar and set the guitar down on end or something like like that. I've been using the G10 with my acoustic and mandolin for quite awhile now, and I've not had any issues.

For the record, the latency of the Xvive is something like 6ms, which is double the G10, so there's that to consider as well.

I don't notice any latency issue whatever... maybe I'm deaf....

I wasn't aware the G10 came with a right angle adapter; a mandolin is small compared to my guitar.  The g!0 is still rigid in right angle connector.

Line 6 gad electric guitarists in mind.  The bug was designed to fold for a reason.

But hey, if it doesn't bother you great, I am delighted that it works for you.

It just doesn't for me...