Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 POD HD500 - Blank display screen, no red lights and no bootup - Just Stuck

akzshat

Hello everyone,

Good evening.

A few days back, while starting the jam session with the band, I plugged in my POD HD500 to the power and all i got was this blank screen.

When the unit was working, this screen usually stayed up for a few seconds before the line 6 logo was displayed.

I have tried everything from the forums - Holding left keypad while powering on, holding up keypad while powering on, even tried right and bottom keypad too.

I tried connecting to Line 6 Monkey on the PC and the PC doesn't detect the unit. I also tried my power adapter on the second guitarists POD500, and his unit was working. I then tried his power adapter on mine and still got this display. I think this rules out the possibility of a faulty power adapter (It's the one they ship with the unit)

Attached is an image of the problem I am facing with the unit to help throw some light on how it looks like.

Has anyone from the community ever faced this issue? If so, please do share what was done to fix it. I have all my patches on it and I am (rather, was - lelz) in the middle of tracking a few singles for an EP with the same unit.

Any help or leads would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds

post-1641898-0-35701100-1497274278_thumb.png

First I do hope that you have a recent backup?

Second, I am really sure that your POD needs a visite at an official L6 service center :(

Thanks a lot for the response.

Yes, it does seem a visit is inevitable and I shall do that pronto.

I luckily had a backup that was made a couple of weeks before this happened. Hopefully, that should not require much tweaking as long as the unit itself is able to be fixed.

Once again, thanks. Appreciate it much.

If I get it resolved, I shall put the updates here so it can help others who might see/face this issue.

Rgds.

• Confused 1

• 3 years later...
On 13/06/2017 at 13:37, akzshat said:

Muito obrigado pela resposta.

Sim, parece que uma visita é inevitável e farei isso imediatamente.

Felizmente, tive um backup que foi feito algumas semanas antes de isso acontecer. Felizmente, isso não deve exigir muitos ajustes, desde que a própria unidade possa ser consertada.

Mais uma vez, obrigado. Agradeço muito.

Se eu resolver o problema, colocarei as atualizações aqui para que possam ajudar outras pessoas que possam ver / enfrentar esse problema.

Rgds.

Hey friend, how are you?  We are in 2020, did you manage to solve it?