Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JBL PRX710 1500W 10" Powered Speaker $399 @ Sweetwater

zooey

Not used one - but I'd bet it would do the job fine - 1500W - sounds huge, but reality will be that it might give the impact to a guitarist on stage that you might have had with a good sized valve head and a 2x12.  Just guessing that from my experience of similar systems - which is plenty for me!  A bit of global EQ will no doubt be needed, but that's why you got it!

Same price at GC, on clearance, must be a new version coming soon.

It's listed as PRX 710 everywhere but that Sweetwater page.

Wish I was feeling more flush ATM. They're heavier than my Alesis's, but significantly louder, which actually was a problem in the huge barn I last used them in, and less expensive than anything else I've seen in that class.

Few things:

1. Good speakers. I own the PRX715s along with a couple PRX718xlf.

2. 1500w is peak power. Unsure of the exact RMS rating. Probably about half that.

3. They've been on sale for some time now. JBL was getting ready to release their PRX800 series right around the time I bought my speakers last summer. 5 days before my return period was up. However it passed my price match period. Told the store it would be silly for me to return them just to buy them again. They agreed and knocked the subs from $1200 down to $700 And the mains from $800 down to $650 For me. Saved a pretty penny!

I would recommend the PRX 700 series to anyone. Simply because this is a rather nice speaker, they only had one axtive point-source model higher than the PRX series, and you can get them for a dollar and a dream right now because they added some wireless control to the PRX800 and everyone wants it. Really... it isn't worth it. The jump to the SRX series however.... that's kinda nice. But you can also make up for the feature set with a good drive rack. That won't give you the upgraded HF Driver though. ;)

As far as weight is concerned. For what they are.... I think my PRX715s are actually extremely light. I can max out my tripods height and get these on there over my head with no assistance.

I preferred the sound of the Yamaha DXR10 over the JBL, their more flexible rear panel configuration, and Seven Year Yamaha Warranty.

The JBL PRX710 do sound good. At the now substantially reduced price they are a great buy!

The DBR10 are the lower power, lighter weight, and one input less Yamaha Model. They do sound very close to their bigger brother DXR10.