Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G70 will not update.

Progress bar never gets beyond 80%, sometimes it times out with an error at 0% and everything in between.

"Firmware Update Failed
An error has ocurred. Please try again."

Done this probably 50 times, downloaded the update locally and tried updating from there.
No luck, no help.

Any ideas?

• Upvote 1

Hi Jbmakesnoise, 

I would like to offer a few recommendations:

• Perform a factory reset: From the edit menu, select "Factory Reset" and press the Nav/Select Encoder. Turn the Encoder to select OK, or cancel to exit. Press the encoder button to commit your selection
  • Ensure all screen savers are turned off, as this can interrupt a Firmware update. 
  • We recommend to not use any USB HUBs. 
  • Try another USB output (if not already) as different manufactures will source keyboard and mouse commands to one of the USB inputs. 

Please let us know your results. 

Thank you!

• Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, I believe I've found a workaround!

I have had the very same problem with my G70 receiver.

Tried updating the firmware from 1.03 to 1.05 on two Macs, a MacBook Pro and a MacBook Air.

Reconnecting, power off and back on, restarting the Line6 updater app, performing a factory reset on the receiver etc. did not resolve the problem.

I would receive the same error message every time.

This morning I had access to a Windows laptop running Windows 7.

After installing the V1.11 Line6 updater app I was able to update the firmware to V1.05 on my G70 receiver.

Maybe the above described update problems are isolated to the Line6 updater app for Mac?

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was having the same trouble using the Line 6 Updater tool for macOS.  I installed the Line 6 Updater for Windows on another computer and my Relay G70 updated without error.  The Line 6 Updater for macOS updated my Helix just fine.  It's clearly an issue with the Line 6 Updater for macOS and the Relay G70.

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just successfully updated my Relay G70 Receiver using a mac on OSX Sierra. I had the same problems as several other until I followed the directions on this page explicitly. I connected it to 9v power, I connected the USB directly to the computer (no USB docks), I didn't power it on until after I launched the updater app, and I still had to disconnect/reconnect the USB once before it finished - but it DID successfully update. Hopefully this might help some of the other Mac users. Good Luck :)

• 4 weeks later...

Dear SoundMinion,

Thank you for your very helpful instructions. The order of steps you described worked for me as well on Mac OSX Sierra. Particularly, the last step: I disconnected/reconnected the USB cable at the micro USB cable end AT THE G70, and then it successfully updated for me. Pleasantly surprised and relieved when it finally worked. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your helpful feedback. Much appreciated :)      Thank you to everyone else previously who also tried to assist everyone.