Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Octoverb pulling notes out of tune???

blondeguitar

I'm wondering if anyone else feels that the Octoverb effect doesn't sound great?  I feel like the note gets out of tune, then slowly gets in tune.  I guess it could be a cool effect if you wanted a sort of vibrato meets verb sound, but I love the idea of having the Octo-verb sound more like a shimmer.  I owned the M9 and the Octoverb in that unit sounded much better than the Helix.  Any thoughts or help is great.  

I've also noticed that when compared to the HD/M9 octoverb, Helix's octoverb definitely leaves room for improvement. It's still usable though. I haven't noticed any sort of cycling tuning problems.

To open up some options for better a better sounding octoverb, use it on a parallel path. Set the mix at 100% and use the merge block's level controls to adjust the dry/wet mix. Using it this way allows you to put various EQs, modulation, fuzzes, or whatever, directly after the octoverb, only affecting the octoverb's output.

I'm wondering if anyone else feels that the Octoverb effect doesn't sound great?  I feel like the note gets out of tune, then slowly gets in tune.  I guess it could be a cool effect if you wanted a sort of vibrato meets verb sound, but I love the idea of having the Octo-verb sound more like a shimmer.  I owned the M9 and the Octoverb in that unit sounded much better than the Helix.  Any thoughts or help is great.  

I am not at my Helix now, but there is also a parameter called "intensity" or something like that. Turning that up higher will generate some tones that are a bit "off" to get a more spooky sound. Like mentioned above, put Octo (and particle) verb in a parallel path so that you have some tone that is unaffected. That will help. Turn that parameter down some too, that will help. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks!  that totally worked.  I just thought the intensity was how many octaves it was producing.  Turning it all the way down totally helped!  Thanks so much. 

Good deal. Yeah, it gets pretty freaky with the intensity way up. 

The octoverb help listed above is another shining example of how helpful the community can be .

Just wish Line 6 would publish important details - ones that have a practical value- like this info on the Octoverb . There are so many parameters on some of the delays and other effects that are hard to understand. Same for the deeper tube behaviors on the amps. I've seen great links to info spread out amongst the thousands of entries. 

I move for a wiki-manual for understanding and using the various parameters for the effects and amps. It could be housed in the support section . It could include links to other info sources. The benefit is it would be easily accessible and indexed/ content-tabled, and specific for the product ( Helix). . There's a lot of brains and experience in the community. Unless Line 6 has the time to write about all the effects and such, this would be a great resource. 

Line 6 , what say ye?