Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Fishman Powerbridge

jbuhajla

I've had my Helix for about a year now, and I find myself "needing" to use the aux input for an acoustic input. I want to be able to blend acoustic and electric tones. Anyone out there using a Fishman Powerbridge and Powerchip on their electrics? I find it intriguing that I can add this to one of my electrics, and run a TRS cable out of my guitar into both the guitar and aux inputs on the Helix. I'd love to try it on a Tele. Just reaching out to see if anyone out there is doing this and what your thoughts are on the sound quality. I realize it won't sound like a proper quality acoustic, but that is OK.  

I have two guitars with power bridges. Both are passive, so the Aux input does NOT work well, but one of the FX returns works fabulously, as does the XLR input with a DI box, but that is overkill for me.

I have demo videos of what a PowerBridge through Helix sounds like here.

https://pietrosquared.wordpress.com/helix-2-voice-guitar/

Thank you Peter. As you know in the worship team band, sometimes you need to create more with fewer members. I think this is an excellent application to create more when needed. 

Yup. Kinda how I got hooked. Since about 10 years ago now, I've never owned an electric guitar that didn't have some kind of PowerBridge type of deal on it. Used 'em all I think, and the PowerBridge is my favorite, especially with 3 Sigma IR in Helix! Ghost is really good, too.

I use a powerbridge in a frankenstein guitar I put together myself, and the LR Baggs piezo system in my PRS P22.  I run both into the aux input, and always use a 3 Sigma IR (unless I'm going for a special effect) into my PA system. For my electric signal, I'm just using the Helix for FX and amp switching, using 4cm and a Voodoo labs control switcher, into my Mesa MKV.  I am really over the top happy with the acoustic tone I get with this setup, and with the ease of switching through my fairly complex original songs using snapshots.  As far as the two piezo systems, they're pretty comparable, enough so that I couldn't really say one is better than the other unless I heard them both in the same model guitar.

...As far as the two piezo systems, they're pretty comparable, enough so that I couldn't really say one is better than the other unless I heard them both in the same model guitar.

Even then, I'll wager they'd be different, not one better. Although the system in the PRS is kinda designed for that guitar, and may work (in the PRS) better than a PowerBridge I'll wager. The IR however in my experience totally levels the playing field.