Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Global setting for individual blocks

kartikvai_15

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if Helix by any chance can do global setting for one individual block?

I don't think it can and that's what my one issue with it is and hopefully this can be address in the next updates soon.

Just to be clear what I would love to do is for e.g. change the EQ setting on one of my amp blocks and have the same changes applied to the same amp block in all the presets. I do use a lot of different sounds for different songs so generally have set preset bank for specific songs with different delays, modulations etc but the same amp blocks. 

Now the problem is that I find myself mainly playing around with EQ in an amp block a lot depending on the environment I am paying in and then I have to keep doing the same for each and individual preset in the same amp block setting if that makes sense. It would be great that if I change the EQ on an amp block, then have the same setting globally applied and saved to all the preset for just that amp block so I don't have to keep saving the same setting again and again for each presets.

If this can be done then would really appreciate someone letting me know how, otherwise if this could be address in the next update, that would just make this unit just super awesome for me :)

regards

Not currently possible, and (not that I'm official anything) I doubt it ever will be. What exactly would "the same amp block" mean, when you can have up to four amp blocks, in different locations in the routing of each preset, some including a cab and some not? And do you really mean to change the settings for *every* preset, including the factory sounds, factory templates, and your own templates?

Are you using snapshots? That might be a way for one preset to have "different delays, modulations etc but the same amp blocks", then the quote question goes away.