Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Reflashed Hd500 And Variax - No Volume Pedal At All!

guitarmech111

man, I am getting too tired of all the crud I have to go through to get this dream rig going after firmware updates.

Took 4 times to get JTV59 updated with 2.0 after rolling it back as suggested - finally got that settled after 2.5 hours of no fun.

Reset the HD500 back to get HD edit working with selecting the variax patches in the HD500 patches.again. I ended up flashing to latest firware again. This time the variax patches can be set in the HD Edit.

Now it looks like after the flashing, the volume controller does not work. It did before all the flashing. This just makes me so irritated to almost no end!

I don't really care to hear that someone's update went withotut a hitch. That won't help me. I am looking to see if someone has run into this or has a suggestion to get my volume pedal back on the HD500.

TIA!.

Hi

I am using a james tyler variax with a pod hd500 and connecting with a varax cable.I am unable to hear the magnetic guitar pickups when I put the models off.

I have hd500 input set to guit+aux+variax+ch1 and same for input 2 nothing seems to let me hear variax magnetic pickups unless I use normal guitar lead which works fine but I want to use variax lead at gigs so I don't have to worry about battery.

Any help appreciated

Hi

I am using a james tyler variax with a pod hd500 and connecting with a varax cable.I am unable to hear the magnetic guitar pickups when I put the models off.

I have hd500 input set to guit+aux+variax+ch1 and same for input 2 nothing seems to let me hear variax magnetic pickups unless I use normal guitar lead which works fine but I want to use variax lead at gigs so I don't have to worry about battery.

Any help appreciated

I'm pretty sure you have to have "Variax Mag" (or something like that, I'm not in front of my pod) selected. The cool thing about this is you can have the Variax model going into one input and the mags going into another.  For example, for an electric, acoustic mix.

hi thanks for replies yeah ive tried another cable and I also have tried all the input combinations but to no avail.

It worked when I 1st got the guitar 3 weeks ago but stopped working at some point during last week.

the normal guitar input works fine.