Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Friedman ASC-12!

ColonelForbin

That does look sweet. Wish it was a tad bit lighter...

I have a Mission Gemini 2 and run a lot of stereo patches (mostly delays that modulate and phasing). Really like (actually LOVE) the feel of the Gemini 2. In additional to twin XLR's the G2 also will take a stereo TRS connection and that makes it super-simple to do for a stage rig with the Helix. Just connect it via a TRS cable to the Helix headphones-out and you've got your fully-baked tone with a separate volume control. Really nice to have separate output volume controls for FOH and stage. The biggest issue with the G2 is how much it weighs. The G2 specs show it as 62 pounds but I've had it on our scale and it was closer to 70. Add a padded cover and it's like lifting 2 big sacks of top soil at the same time. The Friedman is lighter, but not much and appears to be mono... 

Thanks for sharing - nice to see Friedman's team working so hard to get it right. Great folks over there. Really good at what they do (but the same goes for the team at Mission Engineering). The more choices the better!!! 

Best to all,

BradleyGT

I'm interested in the Mission Io that I saw in GP magazine last month. It has a neo speaker and is pretty light, 29#'s. GP gave it a good write up as far as sound quality.

Here's a link to that one:

https://missionengineering.com/shop-2/products/amplifier/mission-io/?v=7516fd43adaa

I've heard "about" the IO, but haven't demo'd it in person. Cool form factor and love the Neodymium magnet speaker. 29lbs... that'd be really nice.

Sonically, It'll have to be spectacular to be in realm of the Gemini 2 tho... I've tried lots of stuff out there (Stereo DT25's, L2 and L3, Pair of Power Engine 60's, lots of different monitors - QSC, EV, Alto, JBL) and nothing I've tried comes close (IMHO) to the purely good feel, vibe and sound of the Gemini 2, true stereo. To me it just brings out everything that is great about Helix. All the nuances and subtleties and - more power than you need when you crank it.