Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Helix Backpack Repair?!

shawncooke1

Both of my straps on my Helix backpack have broken at the bottom of the bag.  The only things I am carrying in the backpack is the floorboard, the power cable, and 2 instrument cables!  Has anyone else had this problem?  I would like to think it could hold the weight of the product it was designed for.  Please let me know. I took it to a couple local seamsters, but they said they couldn't fix it.  Thanks!

Line 6 will make this right for you! Submit a Support Ticket and they'll likely send you a new one! (Just my guess, as I do not speak for Line 6, but I do speak from experience). Line 6 Customer Support is World Class!

I got my response back from Line 6, and the warranty on the bag is 90 days from date of purchase.  Ive had my backpack for over a year, but only used it maybe 8 times.  Its not a deal breaker for me, and I understand their stance on it too.  I know the bag is absolutely bullet proof built, but looking at the stitching, I feel they may have had a bad batch of thread or something.  I will smile and move on  :) .  My only option at this point is to cut the bag at the bottom where the thick binding is, and loop around that and stitch the straps to their selves.  Thanks for the help guys!

Does your bag have a handle to carry with one hand? I would think the weight of the Helix would make it a bit clumsy to carry on my back.

My entire rig fits on a small cart, with the Helix in a gig bag laying on top of my Yamaha DXR12, and another gig bag on top of that. Everything bunggie corded together, My guitar is all I carry. Everything, including the cart fits in a Prius, with the rear seats down.

It does have the carry handle, but it is very easy to carry on my back.  Like I said, its not a deal breaker, but more of a pain as far as, I can carry everything in one trip versus two trips.  I carry helix on my back, guitar in one hand and powered monitor in the other hand,  with leverage to carry a box of beer if need be. Line 6 actually just wrote back and said if I could come up with my original receipt, they could replace it.  I don't have it, but that is VERY good business on their part, and for that, I will remain loyal to them as well.  Thank you Line 6!

Where did you buy it??... I know that places like guitar center, if they use your phone number to process sales, will have a record of the purchase and could probably print out another receipt for you.

I got it off eBay, so that is the problem. The guy wasn't an authorized dealer

• 4 weeks later...

Im happy to say, that after finding my PayPal receipt for my Helix backpack, Line 6 has requested that I send my old one in and when they get it, they will be sending me a brand new one.  This is AMAZING customer support.  They did not have to do this at all, yet they did.  Thank you Line 6 for your great products and crazy good support.

On a different note, I finally had a chance to use the Helix last weekend in a live situation without using my Marshall JVM and 412 cab.  I went stereo into FOH, and FRFR for myself.  It was different to say the least, but at the end of the night, I had basically played thru 4 different amps and cabs, and had a great selection of distortions and fx at my feet.  And my back thanked me for the next 5 days, because of the ease of setting up, and the weight difference that I am used to.  Its gonna take some tweaking, but Helix FRFR is here to stay!

• 4 years later...

These two cases have been recommended by people on this forum. Theses are what I will choose from if my Helix pack goes bad. I am surprised by your experience. I have a zippered pocket that won't close now but that's all. Otherwise it hasn't failed as much as it feels like it would. This is after about 5 years of use approx. every other weekend.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079ZS9L7L/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=A3LLMZ9K72U9P2&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006KEILD8/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_7?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1