Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Part 4 in my series on the Helix now uploaded - Patches

PeterJH

Hi everyone,
I’ve finally finished Part 4 in my Helix video series. It’s been quite a while since I put up a video.

This video demonstrates some of my own patches that I use regularly in my studio etc. I’ve received so many messages asking for these patches that I decided to put together a Patch Collection. I’m selling them for a small fee but am also offering another way of obtaining them.

If you purchase my latest album “Wide Open Spaces†from CD Baby and include your email address, I’ll email the Patch Pack to you free of charge.

I’ve tried to get the best of both worlds in that I created these patches in my studio at fairly high levels but then also booked some time at a Music Store in SA to pump them through a JBLVX900 PA system at very high volume to hear what they sound like. I had to tweak a few of the patches but am now happy with them – both in the studio and to Front of House.

I did upload a video of the Music Store session about a week ago.

These patches were also used extensively on my album. All of the links are on my website (in my signature).

I hope you enjoy.

Cheers

Peter.

• Upvote 1

Those sound great Peter. I especially like the quick camera shot of the signal path on the front of the Helix. It points out how an amp model, cab model, and just a little reverb and delay can go a LONG way. Keep it simple, and sounding great!

• Upvote 1

Those sound great Peter. I especially like the quick camera shot of the signal path on the front of the Helix. It points out how an amp model, cab model, and just a little reverb and delay can go a LONG way. Keep it simple, and sounding great!

Thanks, jbuhajla,

I've always believed that less is more. There is a bit of eq going on behind the scenes though...

• Upvote 1

Hi Peter
Sounded great, as usual
I just switched to the Helix, a month ago, and really like it. It was also nice to see you on this side of the forum (I was a former Pod HD Pro-owner).
Also, have so say that there is a lot of knowledge in these forums, always someone to ask and someone to lean against. But, there is only two that changed the game on how to dial a good tone - Hurganico and you. Make it simple, just as much as you need, start with default and tweek what's necessary... Used yours and Hurganico patches on my POD HD Pro and used the same dialing method with my own patches. So great.
I will tweek a bit more and come back to your patches. Just wanted to step by and say hello as you published one more great video...

Thanks /Per

Hi Peter

Sounded great, as usual

I just switched to the Helix, a month ago, and really like it. It was also nice to see you on this side of the forum (I was a former Pod HD Pro-owner).

Also, have so say that there is a lot of knowledge in these forums, always someone to ask and someone to lean against. But, there is only two that changed the game on how to dial a good tone - Hurganico and you. Make it simple, just as much as you need, start with default and tweek what's necessary... Used yours and Hurganico patches on my POD HD Pro and used the same dialing method with my own patches. So great.

I will tweek a bit more and come back to your patches. Just wanted to step by and say hello as you published one more great video...

Thanks /Per

Thanks for the feedback, Pers.

Yes, I agree. Keep it simple. I've had great feedback on this Patch Pack so far.

Cheers

Peter.

Have now bought these and have to say great work - the most realistic tube amp patches I have used so far .

Tuned nicely for live work - have gigged through our Qsc K series PA and no harshness 

Less is more !

thanks Peter 

Have now bought these and have to say great work - the most realistic tube amp patches I have used so far .

Tuned nicely for live work - have gigged through our Qsc K series PA and no harshness 

Less is more !

thanks Peter 

Thanks for the support, Nick! it's always nice to get positive feedback on my patches. I've had a great response so far and I'm glad that they worked for you.

Cheers

Peter.