Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

A cheat sheet on amps and effects...

PerS

Hi
New user on Helix but an old one on Line6 gear. Upgraded a month ago from POD HD Pro to Helix (formerly also POD v1 and POD XT). I liked the POD HD Pro but this is another step and a new challenge… So far impressed and can’t see what can change that...

From POD HD to Helix they changed the names of ea the amp and some new where added. For an oldie like me it takes a while to learn the new names. I found them in the manual, but a bit to lacy to open it (the unit is so easy to use so the manual is not used...), so I made a cheat sheet with all the amps and effect and quick info of all the buttons belonging to them. 

If someone else want it, just download it from my Dropbox here>>. My little contribute to this great forum that I learn so much from, thanks.

Any comments or suggestions, just let me know. I might make an updater.

//Per

Good to see that it came to be used  :)

Thanks DunedinDragon. It was an interesting site. Have never seen or heard of it before. Will study it carefully. Maybe not replacing my little sheet, but nice source of information. Very structured. Thanks

//Per

• 4 weeks later...

Good to see that it came to be used  :)

Thanks DunedinDragon. It was an interesting site. Have never seen or heard of it before. Will study it carefully. Maybe not replacing my little sheet, but nice source of information. Very structured. Thanks

//Per

Per,   How up to date is your cheat sheet.  I have been looking for something specifically as you have done.  I need a reference for when I'm NOT at a computer, the helixhelp is great when at a computer, but I just need a printout like you did.   I just noticed the badonk amp wasn't on there, so that's why I'm asking how up to date it is.

Per,   How up to date is your cheat sheet.  I have been looking for something specifically as you have done.  I need a reference for when I'm NOT at a computer, the helixhelp is great when at a computer, but I just need a printout like you did.   I just noticed the badonk amp wasn't on there, so that's why I'm asking how up to date it is.

It's there, right at the bottom, last one before the bass amps:

"Line 6 Badonk - Line 6 Original inspired by the original high gain Big Bottom model"

-

It's there, right at the bottom, last one before the bass amps:

"Line 6 Badonk - Line 6 Original inspired by the original high gain Big Bottom model"

-

Are you sure? I don't see it. I also don't see the Plasti Chorus (Modulation). Could it be that the dropbox link (on top of this page) is directing us to an out of date list, and that you yourself use an up to date list?

Picture of the amps in the list just before the bass amps:

post-1913335-0-85581000-1500383673_thumb.jpg

Or, you use the helixhelp.com list....but that isn't the list Mileskb is talking about...:)

Misunderstanding....its so easy...my conclusion is that the dropbox list isn't up to date.

Found a third list (needs some copy/paste etc to make it printable), this one seems pretty accurate/up to date:

http://dshowmusic.com/line-6-helix-amp-models/

Are you sure? I don't see it. I also don't see the Plasti Chorus (Modulation). Could it be that the dropbox link (on top of this page) is directing us to an out of date list, and that you yourself use an up to date list?

Picture of the amps in the list just before the bass amps:

attachicon.gifIMG_0157.JPG

Or, you use the helixhelp.com list....but that isn't the list Mileskb is talking about... :)

Misunderstanding....its so easy...my conclusion is that the dropbox list isn't up to date.

Found a third list (needs some copy/paste etc to make it printable), this one seems pretty accurate/up to date:

http://dshowmusic.com/line-6-helix-amp-models/

My apologies, I got my cheat-sheet threads mixed up, I was actually refering to the one posted by mikeskb, which you just linked to.  Sorry for any confusion. 

-

My apologies, I got my cheat-sheet threads mixed up, I was actually refering to the one posted by mikeskb, which you just linked to.  Sorry for any confusion. 

-

I understand. No problem. Indeed there are several cheat-sheet threads now. Wasn't aware of this myself, and didn't knew that mileskb found the same link (in his thread) that I found.

I understand. No problem. Indeed there are several cheat-sheet threads now. Wasn't aware of this myself, and didn't knew that mileskb found the same link (in his thread) that I found.

Ah well, we got there in the end.  :)

-

• 4 months later...

Hi

Don’t know if anyone is interested in a model cheat cheet ... if there is, an updated version is now available based on Helix firmware v 2.30 here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ucs3dtvfwy9aq5l/Line6%20Helix-Model%20Summary%2C%202%2C30-P1.0-07.pdf?dl=0. The document is a bit remade from last - Now 4 pages as the new models made it impossible to get the document readable on 2 pages. Has also added some default values.

Hope it may be helpful.

By the way, awesome update – Smooth update procedure and really nice models - Voltage Queen, Cartographer, Derailed Ingrid and Kinky Boost already big favorites. So cool...

//Per

• Upvote 2

Hi

Don’t know if anyone is interested in a model cheat cheet ... if there is, an updated version is now available based on Helix firmware v 2.30 here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/fqamnic4h1vropa/Line6%20Helix-Model%20summery%2C%202%2C30-P1.0-06.pdf?dl=0. The document is a bit remade from last - Now 4 pages as the new models made it impossible to get the document readable on 2 pages. Has also added some default values.

Hope it may be helpful.

By the way, awesome update – Smooth update procedure and really nice models - Voltage Queen, Cartographer, Derailed Ingrid and Kinky Boost already big favorites. So cool...

//Per

Thanks for updating and posting that. A good reference list.

One picky point. Summery is a description of the weather. You should change your Summery to Summary. :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for this! 

And whoever made the helixhelp website as well. Very cool resources. 

I really miss the detailed descriptions Line 6 used to include about models, what controls were on the actual amp, some famous examples of amps and effects and more detailed descriptions of controls. I feel like now it's just sort of "Here's a bunch of awesome digital models...figure it all out yourself."

A lot of the effects are not very intuitive, especially if you're a pretty simple player like me who mostly like to grab and go and not spend hours tweaking every little parameter if I don't have to!