Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G30 transmitter alternative power source

Lanzoyd

I'd like to use a USB powerbank instead of 2x AA batteries, as doing so would give me much more battery capacity and in general would be more convenient for my purpouse.

Question is:

- can the transmitter operate under 5V or will it break anything?

Thank you in advance!

I'd like to use a USB powerbank instead of 2x AA batteries, as doing so would give me much more battery capacity and in general would be more convenient for my purpouse.

Question is:

- can the transmitter operate under 5V or will it break anything?

Thank you in advance!

Depending on if the 2xAA batteries are in series (7vdc) or parallel (3.5vdc), you could get an appropriate DC to DC converter board/module to convert from 5vdc on the power brick to whatever you need for the transmitter. A quick search at Digikey will get you in the right direction. 

Depending on if the 2xAA batteries are in series (7vdc) or parallel (3.5vdc), you could get an appropriate DC to DC converter board/module to convert from 5vdc on the power brick to whatever you need for the transmitter. A quick search at Digikey will get you in the right direction.

AA batteries are 1.5v in series, for a total of 3vdc, that's why I was asking before connecting a 5vdc power source.

I'd like to avoid adding a tension regulator...

AA batteries are 1.5v in series, for a total of 3vdc, that's why I was asking before connecting a 5vdc power source.

I'd like to avoid adding a tension regulator...

Oh yeah...duh. I was shopping for a specialty rechargeable battery last week that was 3.5v. I guess that was stuck in my tiny brain.  

Either way, DC to DC converter can still go from 5v to 3v if that what the transmitter is using.