Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk FX + Digitech Trio Plus + 4 Method Cable

Rastan

Hi everyone. (Sorry for my poor english, im from spain)

I have a small problem connecting a Digitech Trio + pedal to my gear.

I currently have the firehawk fx connected with the four wire method to use the distortion of my Hugghes & Kettner amp when i want.

Now I have:
Guitar> Firehawk FX Guitar IN
Firehawk FX Return> H & K Amp Send
Fierhawk FX Send> H & K Amp In
Firehawk FX 1/4 Out> H & K Amp Return

How do I connect the digitech trio + without losing the method of the four cables?

The connections available in the Digitech Trio + are:
- Guitar In
- Amp Out
- Mixer Out
- Fx Send
- Fx Send

Thank you very much for your help

This is how I would do it:

Guitar > Digitech Trio+ Guitar In

Digitech Trio+ FX Send >  Firehawk FX Guitar In

Firehawk FX Send> H & K Amp In

H & K Amp Send > Firehawk FX Return

Firehawk FX 1/4 Out > Digitech Trio+ FX Return

Digitech Trio+ Amp Out > H & K Amp Return

Also if you have a separate PA type amp/speaker connect the Trio+ Mixer Out to it it's input - then you will get the bass & drums through the PA and guitar sounds from your H & K Amp. If you don't have anything plugged into the Trio+ Mixer Out, it will send everything through the guitar amp output (guitar/bass/drums) which might not sound quite as good as a guitar amp is not really designed to handle those kinds of things ;-)

Let me know if you get stuck and ill see what I can do to help

Rich

Have you tried putting it between Firehawk FX 1/4" Out and H&K Amp Return in your last step?  Surely you would want the Trio to be unaffected by any Firehawk effects but be amplified.

And BTW, no need to apologise for your English.  It's much better than my Spanish  ;)

Have you tried putting it between Firehawk FX 1/4" Out and H&K Amp Return in your last step?  Surely you would want the Trio to be unaffected by any Firehawk effects but be amplified.

And BTW, no need to apologise for your English.  It's much better than my Spanish  ;)

You need to have a clean guitar signal going into the Trio+'s guitar input as it needs this to be able analyse chord progressions etc when you "teach" it an arrangement.  But the Trio+ also includes a looper and it uses the signal from it's FX return jack, so you can record loops with effects applied etc. and play over with different effects..

Hope this makes sense ;-)

Thanks Just Startin'.

I tried your recommended config and it doesn't works. I don't know what it's wrong.

Could you give a clue?

Do you get any sound at all?

When happens if you unplug cables from the Trio+ send and return jacks?  

If you are using the fx loop of the Firehawk then make sure it is turned on (enabled). Using your app select it as you would any of the effects and make sure it is turned on. Not assuming anything just know I did that and for half a day I couldn't figure why I had no sound coming out.