Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Difficulty with Snapshots

dankleiner

Hello, all:

I need some help. I have a great crunch patch. I am using the computer editor. I select Snapshot 2, rename it to Lead and make adjustments on the amp+cab for a lead tone. I re-select the Snapshot 1, as that is what I want to load when I select the preset. Now, both Snapshots 1 and 2 have the same increased volume and EQ adjustments that I dedicated to Snapshot 2.

Obviously, I don't fully grasp the construction and saving of a snapshot.

Thank you in advance for advice.

When you save parameters to a preset, they are saved to all snapshots. If you want different parameters to a specific snapshot, you need to do it on the floor unit and push in the knob as you turn it. This creates a bracket [ ] around the parameter number and it will now be saved only to that snapshot. If you don't see a bracket, it's being saved to all snapshots in a preset, which is what you get when you change parameters in the editor. 

^^^ this, except that there's a shortcut for doing that in the editor too. I don't use the editor enough to have it on the tip of my tongue, but I think you hold down shift or control or maybe both, or something, while adjusting the setting. Check back through the release notes, or maybe the most recent manual.

In the editor go to the Controller Assign tab, set the parameter you want to change between snapshots then select 'Snapshots' from the drop downdown just below the 'Parameter' selector

• Upvote 1

Courtesy of Phil_m and the release notes

- Snapshot Assign Shortcut—OPTION-click (Mac) or ALT-click (PC) any Home screen parameter to quickly assign its value to the Snapshots controller

- Unassign Controller Shortcut—SHIFT-OPTION-click (Mac) or SHIFT-ALT-click (PC) any Home screen parameter to instantly remove any controller assignment