Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Modulation - vintage chorus help!

PGAsby

One of my most beloved pedals is my 1980s Boss CE-2.  It is just about the perfect chorus for my needs and playing.  I recently acquired a Firehawk and am struggling to get a decent chorus sound close to the CE-2 - the analog chorus supposedly based on the CE-1 just sounds way too modulated - none of the lush sweep I'm used to...  

I didn't expect an exact replica - but the other effects I've found to be quite usable to very usable - but not so with chorus.  Is there a setting I'm missing?  Admittedly I'm used to only two knobs so... anyone been able to get a classic vintage chorus tone willing to share their settings?

I believe chorus is one of those effects in modelling that alot of people say is not really truly replicated. I am guessing this is exacerbated by something like the Firehawk FX (compared to Helix, etc)