Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix levels and settings, 4cm, using multiple path in series

JuRo1971

Hi all,

I have questions around the optimal settings. Goal is to use the helix with my JVM 410h using the 4cm. I am also the singer in the band. So my goal is it to configure path 1a, 1b and 2 a in serial. Input is guitar in and output is 1/4 out. For 2 b input is mic in and outputs are xlr outputs. Let me compare this with my experience around the GT 10.

1. To align the different output levels of my guitars I would like to set different general input levels on the helix. So e.g. I would like to set the general input level to -5 db. How and where can I do this? In gt 10 3 general Input settings can be configured for input level and even eq.

2. Setting up the right path configuration as mentioned above, I have to configure this obviously using different splitters and mixers. Goal is to use 1a, 1b and 2 a for guitar completely in series. How do I have to do this? My experience is that 1a and 2a in series are working well. If I use also 1b the overall level gets quieter ?! I don't know why.

3. Level for send and return. On my Amp the setting is set to -10 DB, I set the send and return level to 100% to 0 DB. In comparison to the original level this seems to be the best setting. Your experience and recommendation?

4. Output Level: Setting the volume knob to max seems to be the best setting or better to configure the 1/4 output not to use the volume knob. In comparison to the original level this seems to be the best setting. On GT 10 I set the volume knob to 1 o'clock and the the general output level to -10 db according to the input level on the amp. Your experience and recommendation?

5. Foot switches: Snapshots are nice. In Some Cases it could make sense to enable e.g. a stomp box witch you will use in all snap shots from the moment you  enable it. Is this possible ?

So my main issues right know are 1 and 2.
Hope you can help me.
Thanks!
George