Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix popping during playback Studio One

jhnrynlds

Attempting to record some voice-over work with my Helix. Aston Origin/48v. Don't have access to my other audio interfaces as I'm on the road.  During recording everything sounds fine(great in fact), but when I playback there are a substantial amount of clicks and pops. Specs:

Acer VX-15

i7 7700

16gb RAM

Studio One V3 Professional(v3.5)

Helix(2.21)

Line 6 1.86 Drivers

Running Helix into USB3.0  16bit/44.1   Have adjusted buffer from 128-2048 with no difference.  Again, during recording the clicks and pops aren't present. Just during playback.  I've used this setup with my home desktop with no issues, checked the USB cable and its all good.  Am I missing something??

Thanks,

Nothing clipping, actually coming in really quiet at around -24db.  I tried the ASIO4ALL driver and still had the issue.  Set my sample rate to 48K on both helix and project and it seems to be working now? I dont understand why 44.1 would pop but 48 would not.  Side note, I'm not even using any plugins at this point, just trying to get the vocal recording done.  I'll update with more info but it may be working...

The first question I would have is whether or not you can see the actual clicks and pops visually represented in the track itself.  If not it may be something in your output stream that's causing some digital clipping.

^This^

Do you see the peaks from the clicks and pops on the recorded track?