Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Editor: Creating additional path to add effects.

dankleiner

A fellow forumite answered my question about using the editor to save variations of a patch as snapshots-terrific!

Now a new question: I understand that each path can only have, at most, 8 units. I find that I sometimes need to add additional units. For example, I want to add a wah after a noisegate. How do I add the additional units using the editor?

Thank you.

How do you get the idea that each patch can only have 8 units? (I'm assuming a "unit" is an amp or cabinet or stomp box?)

It is possible to fit 8 "units" on each path - there are potentially 4 paths - if you choose to use them - that would make 32!

You will certainly run out of DSP before 32 - but I've got lots with considerably more that 8!

Time to look at some YouTube videos and read the manual!

Try something like this 

Each of Helix's Four (4) Stereo Signal Paths (1A, 1B, 2A, 2B) can accept Eight (8) Blocks. In addition, each Signal Path has a configurable Input Block and Output Block. There are also Split and Merge Blocks. Every Block has various Parameters.

Regardless how a Preset is configured within the above construct, each Preset supports Eight (8) Snapshots. Snapshots allow for Blocks to be Bypassed and their Parameter Values to be changed per Snapshot, but not Block postions changed/moved in the Signal Path(s).

Helix's Dynamically allocated DSP is designed such that one DSP is dedicated to Path 1A and 1B. The other DSP is allocated to Path 2A and 2B. As you add Blocks, DSP is allocated per Block. If DSP resources are consumed in Paths 1A and 1B simply move some Blocks to Path 2A and 2B.

See more in the Helix 2.0 User Manual (Rev D) PDF downloadable from the Line 6 Helix website support area.

Rvroberts, I said path, not patch.

MusicLaw, I understand what you are saying. Thank you. However, I am inquiring as to the use of the Editor to create the additional paths.

Just make sure you have at least 2 blocks on a path and drag one of the blocks down. This will automatically create a second path. You can do this for a total of four paths.

Just make sure you have at least 2 blocks on a path and drag one of the blocks down. This will automatically create a second path. You can do this for a total of four paths.

I don't think you even need 2 blocks. You just need to drag it down...

• 1 month later...