Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Add Second Amp To New Preset

sbeattie7

Sorry for the noob question, but for the life of me, I can't find any info about how to add another amp to a new preset, on the POD HD500X itself. So, how do I add a "B" amp when starting with a new tone preset. It only shows the one amp block to begin with. Obviously, I can set that one to the first "A" amp. It's gotta be something simple and I will kick myself when I find out.

No problem. Guitar became my mid life crisis stress reliever and the DT50 2x12 and Pod500 are my first real rig and has taken me about a year to get used to it. But when u do oh boy.... Good times ahead ( for me at least who cares what the wife thinks.)

I'm loving the POD HD500X so far.  It's the first piece of guitar gear that I have genuinely been very excited about.  It's always fun to get a new guitar or pedal, but this thing has me anxious to use it more and more.  I just love the tones I'm getting from it. 

Physically, I'm still getting used to the buttons on it.  I'm finding myself wishing that the ABCD(FS5-FS8) buttons were on the top row and FS1-FS4 were on the bottom row.  Yesterday, during our set (first time using the HD500X live), I accidentally changed presets to a clean tone instead of engaging the overdrive during a solo.  That totally sucked.  Just need to be more careful... I may switch it over to full pedalboard mode instead and assign all my pedals to the FS5-FS8 switches instead.  It's so much easier to rest your heel on the ground and hover your foot over a switch when you are about to press it, than pick up your foot to hit a switch in the top row.   

It has literally produced at least one new tone a day for a year for me and that's with headphones and now that I have had it running into my DT50 2x12 it's a tweaker dream. You don't just have twenty whatever amps you have a lollipop ton in reality with knowledge, time and the DEP cab parameters you can find a tone to sound like any amp you want my Favorites right now are the Soldano Sims. Very versatile I use mainly full amp models because I play at low volumes 90% of the time but I have had a few instances to jam in club and church hall type venues and every one gravitates to my rig and can't believe what line 6 came out with. With a little knowledge of your POD routing, Eq, and gain staging you will be sure to enjoy it soon. I do hear tone freaks complain about this or that noise or hiss or crackle and Ok maybe occasionally I'll get a weird sound but guess what those same amps usually have the same hiss, hum or crackle. I could also deal with a couple more eq choices and a few more dirt boxes but all in all I'm able to go anywhere and jam anywhere to anything I choose. Versatility that's what it's about to me. And I don't use a JTV Variax either ( soon very soon) I have a ZW LP with EMG 81/85s and a Squier strat w/lindy. So in my opinion the variax is not needed but will be a welcomed addition. I am hoping for at least one more big firmware update but I'm not batching.

Using cursor arrows move cursor over the amp and press move then press the arrow to the right and it should move that amp up and leave a blank amp space on the bottom. Choose 2nd amp for dual amp patch.

By the way, thanks again for this tip.  It works.  Got a chance to play around with multiple amps.  Not sure I like the added complexity of dealing with two amps in a patch though.  It does, however, create a lot of options for modifying your tones. 

• Upvote 1

No problem. I can remember my beginnings with mine and the frustration it caused. Just glad I stuck with it and didn't succumb to the negative Nancys spewing their impatient rants. If you want a good guide Meambobbo has a High Gain Tone Guide that is second to none. The work he put into it is staggering. Try blending the amps together using your mixer controls. And definitely look up his dual cab list to avoid comb filtering. And by all means have fun and don't believe others hype create your own hype. All the Axe Fx Weenies can make their smug comments about what I am about to say but.... I haven't heard one single axe clip that has made me want to join the tone snobs at Fractal. I've read a lot of interviews by famous guitarists that all said the same thing.... " I've never found my dream tone.... Only suitable tones." it is a never ending life long journey to find the grail tone but that's what makes it worth it.

I haven't even heard of the Axe Fx, but I will check it out just to see what it is.  My take on all this is that tone is tone.  If I can make what I consider to be excellent tones from the HD500X, then that is all I need.  Sure, I could get a physical amp and even then, it's going to be a matter of tweaking that until it sounds the way I want it.  Even then, I am limited to that particular amp's sound.  With the HD500X, I have tons of options to choose from and to me, it sounds amazing. It also serves the purpose I need, which is playing in a church where we aren't able to use a cranked up amp, mic'd onstage or even backstage. Not to mention, I like the clean look on stage of a simple, low profile, floor device. 

• 1 year later...

I just wanted to say thank you for your guys response!  I had the exact same question.  Now I'm trying to figure out how to assign a footswitch to toggle between the two amps.  I haven't been able to find the right distortion tone with the pedals but have found them in the amp models.  

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How do i delete the second amp if i don't like it?

On the "B" amp, if you scroll back to the start of the list there is a "no amp" option.  This will remove the model.  You can also just move the "a" amp (in the top of the split) over to the left of the split and it should get rid of the 2nd amp.