Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Getting started help

jmichaelpeterson

Hi. I need help getting started with the POD HD500X. FYI I have used a POD XT Live for man years. I have plugged all in for a basic set up. Downloaded HD 500X Edit and connected. I plugged guitar into guitar in and amp into left mono 1/4" out. I am expecting to hear tone from the 500X into my amp but am getting literally no sound at all. None of the manuals describes as basic setup. Any help appreciated. 

Michael

Thanks for your attempts to help. 

I just got my headphones working. No sound comes through the headphones. 

The input is set to guitar. The output is set to combo pwr amp though I have tried all output settings except for studio and none produce sound. 

Yes I did buy used off of eBay though he claimed he had used only two days (why?) and was in the original packing (it was) but did not claim that it was working. 100% approval rating so I took a chance. 

Yes, the tuner does see the signal (something works!!). 

Is it not possible that the unit is simply malfunctioning and this guy decided to sell it on Ebay after he discovered this two days in? 

So per your suggestions all I see left is to try to go to factory reset. hurghanico I am not sure what you mean by holding down the left arrow? Where is such arrow? 

Michael

OK I reinstalled flash per directions and then did the first step of pedal calibration which the directions said to power on while holding down the right arrow. Well, this did nothing. It did not go to 'test mode' per directions but to the screen for the tone selected. 

what does this mean?

M

Is it not possible that the unit is simply malfunctioning and this guy decided to sell it on Ebay after he discovered this two days in? 

That is ALWAYS my first guess. But why state the obvious - especially when there are other possibilities. 

So I found directions online that said to upgrade or reinstall flash and then to do power down and power on with left arrow held down. So I went to reinstall flash using line 6 monkey This was successful but the unit continues to say on the screen for some 15 minutes now 'updating flash'. Art does not seem it should take this long. 

M

I know it sounds cruel but to know and understand how it works the manual is very helpful while you are on the unit as there are pictures and definitions and identification for the controls otherwise you are trying to learn blind.

The pedal calibration has been given you. Use the manual to identify controls! The unit should be working and it should not be this hard to get a result.

We feel your frustration. Good luck and I do hope you can have it fully operation. but if it doesnt work after all this trying to get it to work send a refund/return request.

Ok I am trying to do pedal recalibration. BUT there are strange things in directions above like: "Set the pedal to the maximum “toe†position". What pray tell does this mean. And it tells me to set values but no indication of how to do this. 

Exp Pedal - Max is toe down = 100% Min is heel down - 0%.